CCT 11: Information for participants and spectators

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Peter Skinner
Full name: Peter Skinner

CCT 11: Information for participants and spectators

Post by Peter Skinner »

Hello everyone,

With CCT 11 just 9 days away, I thought I would give some information for game day.

For participants:

1. If you do not have your ICC account already in place, you MUST contact me immediately to get it setup. Please register your account on the ICC website and email the information so I can get it corrected to allow for other interfaces.

2. Please be sure to TEST your setup prior to game day. This will avoid a slew of problems and will ensure that rounds will start and finish on time.

3. Please check your time zones. If you are late for a round, you will be forced to play a time odds game. If you are more than 20 minutes late for _any_ round, you will forfeit that game. No exceptions. Due to the increment time control, even at time odds I would not be able to ensure the game finishes before the next round. I will not force others to wait for you, nor should you expect them to. Be respectful and be on time.

For participants and spectators:

1. To follow the games on ICC, please use the following command. Type games *-rCsS to see a list of games in progress. To follow a specific game, type observe <game #>.

2. The TD account for CCT 11 will be last years CCT10 account. Type finger CCT10 on the ICC server for all the information.

3. To see the pairings and standings at _any_ time, please use the following URL:

http://www.cctchess.com/r1.html (use r2, r3, r4... as the tournament progresses)

If you have any other questions, please email me at td@cctchess.com.

Peter Skinner
CCT Tournament Director
I was kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
Henrik Dinesen

Re: CCT 11: Information for participants and spectators

Post by Henrik Dinesen »

Peter Skinner wrote:Hello everyone,

With CCT 11 just 9 days away, I thought I would give some information for game day.

For participants:

1. If you do not have your ICC account already in place, you MUST contact me immediately to get it setup. Please register your account on the ICC website and email the information so I can get it corrected to allow for other interfaces.

2. Please be sure to TEST your setup prior to game day. This will avoid a slew of problems and will ensure that rounds will start and finish on time.

3. Please check your time zones. If you are late for a round, you will be forced to play a time odds game. If you are more than 20 minutes late for _any_ round, you will forfeit that game. No exceptions. Due to the increment time control, even at time odds I would not be able to ensure the game finishes before the next round. I will not force others to wait for you, nor should you expect them to. Be respectful and be on time.

For participants and spectators:

1. To follow the games on ICC, please use the following command. Type games *-rCsS to see a list of games in progress. To follow a specific game, type observe <game #>.

2. The TD account for CCT 11 will be last years CCT10 account. Type finger CCT10 on the ICC server for all the information.

3. To see the pairings and standings at _any_ time, please use the following URL:

http://www.cctchess.com/r1.html (use r2, r3, r4... as the tournament progresses)

If you have any other questions, please email me at td@cctchess.com.

Peter Skinner
CCT Tournament Director
Hi Peter,

It's all great, wish the best to everyone :)

As of the weird guest-policy on ICC I wont be watching :( Have no reason to pay for an account.

Anyway, nice that you make this year after year! Stand-up :)
Henrik
Peter Skinner
Full name: Peter Skinner

Post by Peter Skinner »

Henrik Dinesen wrote: Hi Peter,

As of the weird guest-policy on ICC I wont be watching :( Have no reason to pay for an account.

You could always register a free 7 day account just before the tournament.

Since this subject is broached each year about guests being allowed to view the games, I am thinking of moving the tournament to FICS for next year.

This would allow for a wider audience, and authors to view their engines playing.

Peter
I was kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
Henrik Dinesen

Post by Henrik Dinesen »

Peter Skinner wrote:
Henrik Dinesen wrote: Hi Peter,

You could always register a free 7 day account just before the tournament.

Since this subject is broached each year about guests being allowed to view the games, I am thinking of moving the tournament to FICS for next year.

This would allow for a wider audience, and authors to view their engines playing.

Peter
Thx Peter, I may just do that, and the movement to another platform has crossed my mind... more than once ;) FICS sounds like the best alternative so far.
Henrik