CCT 11: Fruit by Fabien Letouzey & Ryan Benitez has ente

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Re: CCT 11: Fruit by Fabien Letouzey & Ryan Benitez has

Post by mclane »

that is not difficult to find out :wink:
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

I wonder if this is a brand new Fruit (Chess 64) or simply the same Fruit but with improved evaluation and search.
swami

Post by swami »

M ANSARI wrote:I wonder if this is a brand new Fruit (Chess 64) or simply the same Fruit but with improved evaluation and search.
I'd guess that Chess64 project was the different one and it'd been stopped maybe because Fabien doesn't want to get involved in comp chess projects ever again.

This Fruit version thats going to participate in CCT is the normal version with improved evaluation/search just like other engines with updates. Chess64 was never associated with Fruit anyway.They were once said to be completely different engines IIRC. Maybe a new rewrite using different concepts or something.
playwaycool

Post by playwaycool »

swami wrote:Another major entrant. Tournament is going pretty very strong! It's gonna be amazing tourney overall! :)

I'm sure that the strength of the beta version of Fruit is equivalent to the strength of Rybka and Naum.

I think Learninglemming, Zct are definitely going to join sooner. I wonder if Sam is still around? I haven't heard from him since the ACCA, could someone give him a buzz? Also, It'd be good if Tony is also around.

i'm glad to see Fruit is in.... It's an yearly tournament so I would expect some strong engines to be in. I remember Sam telling me he is going to join..... I might try to catch him before the deadline.
swami

Post by swami »

playwaycool wrote: I remember Sam telling me he is going to join..... I might try to catch him before the deadline.
I just sent him an email and gave him CCT last registration deadline info.