Computer chess IA for other uses

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Kempelen

Computer chess IA for other uses

Post by Kempelen »

I know computer chess is an IA area of investigation and innovation, but I dont know what uses it has for other areas. I remmenber DeepBlue team say, after win the match agains Kasparov, they think on sell technology to industry. Have computer chess theory application in areas other than chess?
Fermin Serrano
Author of 'Rodin' engine
http://sites.google.com/site/clonfsp/
Bill Rogers

Re: Computer chess IA for other uses

Post by Bill Rogers »

It has been used in dozens if not hundreds of other applications. Most game today us AI and a great many serious applications also use it.
NSA, one of out top 'spy' agencies uses it to monitor all telehpone conversations and email postings during time of threats against this country. They either listen to or read looking for key words such as: bomb, presidential threats, etc. Plust there are hundreds of programs that are used to parse the English language (of course other languages are also supported) and provide all kinds of help for many other kinds of programs. And last but not least the military uses it all the time in missiles and other types of weapons.
Bill
Anil

Post by Anil »

Bill Rogers wrote:It has been used in dozens if not hundreds of other applications. Most game today us AI and a great many serious applications also use it.
NSA, one of out top 'spy' agencies uses it to monitor all telehpone conversations and email postings during time of threats against this country. They either listen to or read looking for key words such as: bomb, presidential threats, etc. Plust there are hundreds of programs that are used to parse the English language (of course other languages are also supported) and provide all kinds of help for many other kinds of programs. And last but not least the military uses it all the time in missiles and other types of weapons.
Bill
This post just got Flagged by ECHELON! :shock:
:twisted:
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Post by Sylwy »

Kempelen wrote:I know computer chess is an IA area of investigation and innovation, but I dont know what uses it has for other areas. I remmenber DeepBlue team say, after win the match agains Kasparov, they think on sell technology to industry. Have computer chess theory application in areas other than chess?

Hi !

Take a look to this link :

http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~gxk/ugyear3/p ... index.html

Regards,
Silvian
:lol: