Vishy

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Marc Lacrosse

Re: Vishy

Post by Marc Lacrosse »

fern wrote:What a wondefull guy Vishy is! Friendly, patient, generous and with a perfect handling of spanish.
Today he performed asimul against a lot of people, won every game except one, a draw, I interviewed him for the press and TV, we had a great coctel, Chivas Regal 12 years, a great day.....!

fern

More about chess computer and Vishy aftwer a while...
This post has nothing to do in a computer chess forum.

Marc

PS Two years ago I just happened to beat Mr Anand in a simul he gave on ICC. I am not quite sure he was as friendly as you describe him.
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

Marc Lacrosse wrote:
fern wrote:What a wondefull guy Vishy is! Friendly, patient, generous and with a perfect handling of spanish.
Today he performed asimul against a lot of people, won every game except one, a draw, I interviewed him for the press and TV, we had a great coctel, Chivas Regal 12 years, a great day.....!

fern

More about chess computer and Vishy aftwer a while...
This post has nothing to do in a computer chess forum.

Marc

PS Two years ago I just happened to beat Mr Anand in a simul he gave on ICC. I am not quite sure he was as friendly as you describe him.
Last time I checked the statement below:

"More about chess computer and Vishy aftwer a while..."

Sounds like a updated status report to me. I for one am interested in what his report will have to say about Computer Chess.
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Post by Titu »

Marc Lacrosse wrote: PS Two years ago I just happened to beat Mr Anand in a simul he gave on ICC. I am not quite sure he was as friendly as you describe him.
Could you please explain what happened? What did he say?
Marc Lacrosse

Post by Marc Lacrosse »

Titu wrote: Could you please explain what happened?
No.
There were quite enough comments at that time.
tano-urayoan

Post by tano-urayoan »

Titu wrote:
Marc Lacrosse wrote: PS Two years ago I just happened to beat Mr Anand in a simul he gave on ICC. I am not quite sure he was as friendly as you describe him.
Could you please explain what happened? What did he say?
I don't know what Anand said, but if I remember correctly Mr. Lacrosse was accussed of cheating, using computer help during the game. He was crucified in chess forums across the net.
Marc Lacrosse

Post by Marc Lacrosse »

tano-urayoan wrote: I don't know what Anand said, but if I remember correctly Mr. Lacrosse was accussed of cheating, using computer help during the game. He was crucified in chess forums across the net.
Mig Greengard's comment : (see here, Mig was official commentator on ICC for this event) :
"To me it was just a very accurate game that became technical early and betrayed no indicators of inhuman play. That he played the technical phase much better than Anand is obviously remarkable, but that's what simul play is all about. Kudos!"
Susan Polgar's comment (see here) :
"Congratulations Marc! Well done! And thank you for helping out a good cause! Best wishes, Susan Polgar"

ICC cheating detection software is one of the best ones and catches cheaters everyday.They did not find anything suspicious. Moreover when you look at the game there were quite a few dubious moves of mine, including a forced win that most programs could find in seconds ...

It's not my fault if Mr Anand was not at his best in this game of which I am still very proud. No champion can win every single simultaneous game he plays. And here it was a simul in its most difficult form : a time-controlled one. I had 90 minutes for the game whereas Mr Anand had the same time for 19 games ...

I do not see how and where I was crucified. There was just a little noise by a few jealous guys without any kind of proof.

Marc
tano-urayoan

Post by tano-urayoan »

The word crucified is too radical, sorry for the reference. The problem is people jump too fast in the wagon of computer cheating, even the player Raffael from playchess is accused of it.

From what i read some people in forums told your moves were rybkas, (even in their forum some persons claim it). But obviously it was not the majority so again I apologize for choosing the wrong wording.