computer chess tournament event calendar

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Engin
Full name: Engin Üstün

computer chess tournament event calendar

Post by Engin »

where can i found a actual computerchess tournament event calendar?

i am a little confused with own search for tournament events... :-(
PauloSoare

Re: computer chess tournament event calendar

Post by PauloSoare »

Engin wrote:where can i found a actual computerchess tournament event calendar?

If nobody answered so far, seem that "Computer Chess" don´t have a tournament events calendar. This is not good, means that people are not interested in computer chess. What to do?
Dave Gomboc

Post by Dave Gomboc »

Engin wrote:where can i found a actual computerchess tournament event calendar?

I'm not sure where you can find a full calendar, but there's something going on today on H.G. Muller's server. Check the "Tournaments and Matches" area on this website for details (and you may have more success asking your question over there -- perhaps a moderator will move your thread for you).

Dave
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

As a general guideline, I try to organize an on-line blitz tourney on the second Saturday of the month. I am not sure if I will always be able to keep this up (e.g. due to holidays or mandatory social events I have to attend). If something prevents me on the ideal date, I might shift it to the preceeding or following Saturday, and will announce so well in advance. As long as I am doing this alone, that seems the best solution.

Of course what I do is not very difficult; it only requires a small computer running Linux and having Chessd installed on it. If there is long-term interest in this kind of event, and it would be desirable to really plan it according to a rigid schedule, this could be achieved by having a few people mastering the technology, so that there is always someone that could host the event, even when I am out of town.