Draw

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

AdminX

Draw

Post by AdminX »

What type of Draw would you call this? Insufficient material does not seem quite right here, even if it is ... :wink:

[d]8/2Q2K2/6N1/8/1q3p2/4p3/3qN2k/8 w - - 0 1
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Re: Draw

Post by Kempelen »

1.Qxf3+, Qxf3+ 2.Nxf3 and it is a draw as King can not move outside the corner.

I saw the final position in the book "How to use computers to improve your chess". In that book there are other interesting example positions like this which probe why computers can not solve some kind of positions.

REgards
Fermin
Fermin Serrano
Author of 'Rodin' engine
http://sites.google.com/site/clonfsp/
zullil
Full name: Louis Zulli

Post by zullil »

Kempelen wrote:1.Qxf3+, Qxf3+ 2.Nxf3 and it is a draw as King can not move outside the corner.

I saw the final position in the book "How to use computers to improve your chess". In that book there are other interesting example positions like this which probe why computers can not solve some kind of positions.

REgards
Fermin
This thread has me puzzled.
zullil
Full name: Louis Zulli

Post by zullil »

Kempelen wrote:1.Qxf3+, Qxf3+ 2.Nxf3 and it is a draw as King can not move outside the corner.

REgards
Fermin
Oh. You meant f4, not f3.
Kempelen

Post by Kempelen »

zullil wrote:

REgards
Fermin
Oh. You meant f4, not f3.
Oh yes, I mistake for doing things on the fly.......
Fermin Serrano
Author of 'Rodin' engine
http://sites.google.com/site/clonfsp/