Nominations

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Sean Evans

Nominations

Post by Sean Evans »

Hi, I think we better leave the nominations posted for another week, many of them have not even responded !
Steve B

Re: Nominations

Post by Steve B »

Hi Sean...
although personally i hope there are many more acceptances ...it is very common for those not accepting to simply not reply ..

here is the CCC Nominee Information thread from last year....
as you can see.. there were 8 nominees who did not bother to formally decline(or could not formally decline):
http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopi ... ht=#232292

Regards
Steve
Sean Evans

Post by Sean Evans »

Steve B wrote:Hi Sean...
although personally i hope there are many more acceptances ...it is very common for those not accepting to simply not reply ..

as you can see.. there were 8 nominees who did not bother to formally decline(or could not formally decline):

Regards
Steve
Hi, I still think one more week would be best, to ensure all who were nominated become aware they were nominated and have a chance to respond.
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Sean Evans wrote:

Regards
Steve
Hi, I still think one more week would be best, to ensure all who were nominated become aware they were nominated and have a chance to respond.
If they can't see it/have not seen it already, how do you expect them to moderate?

:)

Christopher
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Christopher Conkie wrote:
Sean Evans wrote:

Regards
Steve
If they can't see it/have not seen it already, how do you expect them to moderate?

Christopher
Very relevant point indeed! :wink: :lol:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Zach Wegner

Post by Zach Wegner »

As Steve points out, many simply choose to ignore it. That's what I'm doing. :)
Henrik Dinesen

Post by Henrik Dinesen »

Sean Evans wrote:

Regards
Steve
I disagree, however in the past an email to the nominees was common practise. Just as a week to accet or decline is and has been.
Pity with those who doesn't read the forum for a weeks time, and wished to accept.
Henrik
Henrik Dinesen

Post by Henrik Dinesen »

Graham Banks wrote:
Christopher Conkie wrote:
Sean Evans wrote:

Regards
Steve

Christopher
Very relevant point indeed! :wink: :lol:
People may be off guard. Things may change a lot if you accept a nomination (especially if elected), in reading habits.
Henrik
Bill Rogers

Post by Bill Rogers »

For one thing please take notice that if some of the people nominated have not responded does not mean they have not seen their names it could mean that they just don't want to be botered one way or the other.
Not either accepting of declining is nothing new it happens with every election that has been held here.
As far as the persons stating that they might not have seen their names being posted if after a week they have not looked then it seems to me that they don't visit the site enough to even be effective as a monitor.
One top of that the 4 people who have accepted the nominations are men of outstanding characters and would make great moderators.
Bill