CCC/CTF v Hiarcs Headbangers Game 1 (25/07/2009)

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Christopher Conkie

Re: CCC/CTF v Hiarcs Headbangers Game 1 (25/07/2009)

Post by Christopher Conkie »

You are/were a moderator in the Hiarcs forum. How neutral is that?

As to ego....may we remind you......

"Only with perfect play will you be able to even draw against the Headbangers"

Now we know how they do it.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

If you and the team members have an issue with me as a neutral party then that is OK with me
i have not been a moderator on the Hforum for over a year now and i was only a moderator during their first year of operation

but i am an elected moderator here and my goal was only to bring both teams together

Suggest another neutral party
again if Graham will accept he should be agreeable to the Hteam

i also think you could have asked the TCADMIN to create a secret forum HERE so that our CCC/CTF members could choose to join and watch the analysis..rather then sending out private emails to hold the forum elsewhere

Steve
Christopher Conkie

Steve B wrote:If you and the team members have an issue with me as a neutral party then that is OK with me
i have not been a moderator on the Hforum for over a year now and i was only a moderator during their first year of operation

but i am an elected moderator here and my goal was only to bring both teams together

i also think you could have asked the TCADMIN to create a secret forum HERE so that our CCC/CTF members could choose to join and watch the analysis..rather then sending out private emails to hold the forum elsewhere

Steve
Sam is probably very busy. I've done it for him.

We have already set the forum up for our private analysis. Why does anyone need a neutral party? To observe what? You did not answer me.

The votes of the team members combined with those who care to nominate a move in here are what we present as "the move".

Seems very simple and very fair to me. Obviously we would expand the core team to allow those wished to join/help us in move by move analysis throughout the game.

For now we have 7 and we do that analysis in private......just like Hiarcs.
Last edited by Christopher Conkie on Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Steve B wrote:If you and the team members have an issue with me as a neutral party then that is OK with me

Steve
I am happy to help out if required and if both teams are agreeable.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Christopher Conkie

Graham Banks wrote:

Steve
We are not. We don't need a neutral observer. You tell me what a neutral observer does? What do you observe?
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

the purpose of a neutral party is observe both forums and insure that no one is posting analysis from one forum to the next
a player could copy analysis from one forum and post it as his own on the other forum or just post it to cause havoc
a neutral was used in both games when the Rybka Team played the Hteam
i am not creating something new here Chris
all of the mods on Rybka and the Rybka Hiarcs Team Cptains understood the need for a neutral and everyone involved agreed to it
reconsider this issue and suggest a neutral

why did you not attempt to create a secret threat here?

Steve
gerold

Post by gerold »

Graham Banks wrote:

Steve
Will the present good game continue or will there be another
practice game.

Will all agree on the rules and not change them.
The conditions on how the game is played
has to be the same for both. Open.

Best to all,

Gerold.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Graham Banks wrote:

Steve
Well Done Graham
in the interest of keeping the game alive i applaud you!
Best Regards
Steve
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Christopher Conkie wrote:
Graham Banks wrote: I am happy to help out if required and if both teams are agreeable.
We are not. We don't need a neutral observer. You tell me what a neutral observer does? What do you observe?
Steve has answered your question. However, I'm not offended if not required. 8-)
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Christopher Conkie

Steve B wrote:the purpose of a neutral party is observe both forums and insure that no one is posting analysis from one forum to the next
a player could copy analysis from one forum and post it as his own on the other forum or just post it to cause havoc
a neutral was used in both games when the Rybka Team played the Hteam
i am not creating something new here Chris
all of the mods on Rybka and the Rybka Hiarcs Team Cptains understood the need for a neutral and everyone involved agreed to it
reconsider this issue and suggest a neutral

Steve
I doubt the analysis matters that much if both teams use chess engines.....

An engine is......an engine.
Our secret threat (!?) is elsewhere already. We have the ability to invite people instantaneously there. It is much more flexible that way. We model ourselves on the Hiarcs model of "transparency".

A better way is to get Hiarcs to show who is in their team and we would do the same.

That would negate the need to observe anything as then you would know who is in each others team.

:)