CCC/CTF v Hiarcs Headbangers Game 1 (25/07/2009)

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Re: CCC/CTF v Hiarcs Headbangers Game 1 (25/07/2009)

Post by Harvey Williamson »

A neutral person/arbiter was mentioned in the challenge that was accepted by CCC. If you wanted to change this it should have been done before accepting the challenge. This was useful in the game against the Rybka forum as it stopped people posting in both threads. We are happy to accept Gaham in this roll again.
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Harvey Williamson wrote:A neutral person/arbiter was mentioned in the challenge that was accepted by CCC. If you wanted to change this it should have been done before accepting the challenge. This was useful in the game against the Rybka forum as it stopped people posting in both threads. We are happy to accept Gaham in this roll again.
The following says nothing about the neutral party accessing both hidden forums.

"If modifications to the Game Rules need to be made, a CCC Team Captain should contact either myself or Steve B. Steve is acting as a neutral party to insure that both Teams behave themselves and that the game is conducted in an ethical manner."

We accept the challenge unedited. We are behaving very ethically. We venture to suggest it is you not us who wanted an unfair advantage. Now that advantage has been removed the "neutral" party seems not to like it much.....

This says alot to me.

We see no need for a neutral party in both hidden threads. Open your forum and we open ours. Or......

You show us who the members of your team are and we will show you ours (although ours are no secret).

Stop trying to twist things.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Christopher Conkie wrote:
We accept the challenge unedited. We are behaving very ethically. We venture to suggest it is you not us who wanted an unfair advantage. Now that advantage has been removed the "neutral" party seems not to like it much.....
this post is complete nonsense
Graham Bank has graciously accepted the job as Neutral and that is perfectly fine with me and i do "like it much"
the neutral party concept was mentioned in the body of the challenge
Steve
Last edited by Steve B on Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christopher Conkie

Steve B wrote:
Graham Bank has graciously accepted the job as Neutral and that is perfectly fine with me and i do "like it much"

Steve
You can be the neutral party if you want. You just won't be accessing our hidden forum.

Capiche?

Christopher
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Steve B wrote:

Steve
You can be the neutral party if you want. You just won't be accessing our hidden forum.

Capiche?

Christopher
more nonsense
will you allow Graham to access your forum or you dont trust him either?
if you also dont trust Graham then suggest a name you do trust
someone not on the Conkie Chess team
Steve
Christopher Conkie

Steve B wrote:
Steve B wrote:

Steve

Capiche?

Christopher
more nonsense
Steve
Anyone you choose (yourself, Graham, Sarah Palin......) can be the neutral party but they won't be accessing our hidden forum. And....it's the CCC/CTF Chess team OK?

All Hiarcs need do is tell us their members in their team, I trust them (although I'm beginning to wonder) and we will tell them our team members.

Admit it.....you just don't like fairness.
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Steve B wrote:
Steve
The members of our team have always been open to anyone to look at. Go to the Hiarcs forum and click on Usergroups.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Steve B wrote:
Steve B wrote:

Steve

Capiche?

Christopher
more nonsense
Steve
Anyone you choose (yourself, Graham, Sarah Palin......) can be the neutral party but they won't be accessing our hidden forum. And....it's the CCC/CTF Chess team OK?

All Hiarcs need do is tell us their members in their team, I trust them (although I'm beginning to wonder) and we will tell them our team members.

Admit it.....you just don't like fairness.
i am all for fairness
just as i am for the Secret thread being held here and not elsewhere or at least trying to get it set up here..for our members ..i dont think its right that they have to join another forum to play a CCC game
if you think i will cheat i will not ask for access to the secret thread here

i am also all for a neutral party having access to both forums as was the case in Rybka-Hiarcs..twice and (again for the third time now)..was mentioned in the initial challenge
Steve
Christopher Conkie

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Steve B wrote:
Steve
The members of our team have always been open to anyone to look at. Go to the Hiarcs forum and click on Usergroups.
Yeah right....who the hell is Dark Horse, DarienSar etc.....

Got any real names?
Christopher Conkie

Steve B wrote:i am all for fairness
just as i am for the Secret thread being held here and not elsewhere or at least trying to get it set up here..for our members ..i dont think its right that they have to join another forum to play a CCC game
They don't need to join another forum. Those who matter for our core team have already joined. The thread to allow anyone to contribute will be here in the CCC, nowhere else.
if you think i will cheat i will not ask for access to the secret thread here
Same difference not having access to the already existing forum. Thanks for finally agreeing.
i am also all for a neutral party having access to both forums as was the case in Rybka-Hiarcs..twice and (again for the third time now)..was mentioned in the initial challenge
Steve
It was never mentioned at all. A neutral party was mentioned. There was no mention of accessing hidden fora.