CCC/CTF v Hiarcs Headbangers Game 1 (25/07/2009)

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Christopher Conkie

Re: CCC/CTF v Hiarcs Headbangers Game 1 (25/07/2009)

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Christopher Conkie wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:Did you read the proposal on the Hiarcs forum - we will exchange real names if you want - but who really knows whose real name is real.
Exactly.....

We know who our people are. Do you know who yours are?

Yes, our team members are going to play.....under equal and acceptable conditions.
lol let's see if CCC think your core closed team is acceptable with a hidden thread on your Arena forum that even other CCC members can not join. Anyone can join our thread as long as they are not voting here.
We don't know who is joining your thread as they don't write with real names. How do you know who is voting where?

Answer? You don't and nor do we hence the hidden forum. Open your one up and we will think about it.
How do you know I and the Captain do not have all the real names of our team? How do you know you have the real names of your team?
We know you don't. We know we do. If you know them all....send a mail with them and I will send one back with ours (although ours are no real secret).

We are not the ones with something to hide.
If you will supply real names to our captain of all your voting members I am sure our captain will agree to do the same. But we have to get past the referee stage 1st - is Fonzy acceptable to have access to both hidden threads?
We don't need a referee if we know who is voting and what they vote for at the outset.

If you know your team then we expect that number of votes.

I told you our team consists of 7 people.
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

F. Bluemers wrote:But the discussion seems to be about open versus closed teams/threads at the moment
Each team can organise itself as its members wish. However they organise themselves the neutral person should have full access to ensure fair play. Also to check the same person is not posting analysis or voting in both games. This has happened in the past and why we see this roll as being important. Graham Banks performed the roll well in Hiarcs v rybka.
Christopher Conkie

Harvey Williamson wrote:
F. Bluemers wrote:But the discussion seems to be about open versus closed teams/threads at the moment
Each team can organise itself as its members wish. However they organise themselves the neutral person should have full access to ensure fair play. Also to check the same person is not posting analysis or voting in both games. This has happened in the past and why we see this roll as being important. Graham Banks performed the roll well in Hiarcs v rybka.
How can that be the case if we know that all our people are different from your people?

How can someone post analysis in a forum where YOU determine who can post?
Last edited by Christopher Conkie on Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harvey Williamson

Christopher Conkie wrote: I told you our team consists of 7 people.
How can you do that - the game is open to all of CCC/CTF it is not for you to decide on a team of 7.
Christopher Conkie

Harvey Williamson wrote:
How can you do that - the game is open to all of CCC/CTF it is not for you to decide on a team of 7.
So if I get some real people to post rubbish analysis in your hidden forum...you won't mind....right?

The game is patently NOT open to all Hiarcs members. It is not for you to decide who can vote in Hiarcs either......but you do. It is obvious you do.
Harvey Williamson

Harvey Williamson wrote:
So if I get some real people to post rubbish analysis in your hidden forum...you won't mind....right?

The game is patently NOT open to all Hiarcs members. It is not for you to decide who can vote in Hiarcs either......but you do. It is obvious you do.
We have an open usergroup anyone can click on it and join. The usergroup is visable to all. If the great CCC/CTF is happy with you and a team of 7 then it is not the great CCC that I know.
Christopher Conkie

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:

We have an open usergroup anyone can click on it and join. The usergroup is visable to all. If the great CCC/CTF is happy with you and a team of 7 then it is not the great CCC that I know.
Group name: Hiarcs Headbangers(The Forum chess team)
Group description:
Group membership: This is an open group: click to request membership
Request membership from who?

You?

Or the sugar plum fairy......
Harvey Williamson

Not me the team captain. Where is your open group for people to join? I have no more comments to make. let's see if CCC is happy with enid Blyton's secret 7

Christopher Conkie

Harvey Williamson wrote:Not me the team captain. Where is your open group for people to join? I have no more comments to make. let's see if CCC is happy with enid Blyton's secret 7

How is your group open if people must "request" and do not automatically get to enter?

Our 7 is certainly better than your 18 trolls. At least we know who our team members are.....

:lol:
Last edited by Christopher Conkie on Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harvey Williamson

Harvey Williamson wrote:Not me the team captain. Where is your open group for people to join? I have no more comments to make. let's see if CCC is happy with enid Blyton's secret 7

How is your group open if people request and do not automatically get to enter?

Our 7 is certainly better than your 18 trolls. At least we know who they are.....

:lol:
We could for eg. ask the neutral person if they are already in your team. This has been known to happen. anyway CCC do you accept a Secret 7?