CCC/CTF v Hiarcs Headbangers Game 1 (25/07/2009)

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Christopher Conkie

Re: CCC/CTF v Hiarcs Headbangers Game 1 (25/07/2009)

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Harvey Williamson wrote:I have said this twice at least already we will swap real names between Captains - our list is public where is yours?

Do you accept Fonzy as referee? If he agrees of course - would not blame him if he does not. However I find it strange that you will not accept Steve or Graham, 2 people of integrity.
Christopher Conkie
Henrik Dinesen
Andranik Khachatryan
Sam Hamilton
Charles Roberson
Gerold Daniels
Tano-Urayoan Russi Roman

We don't need a referee. Are you saying these people would cheat?

If we got anymore acceptors from the emails we sent we would let you know provided that there was no conflict of interest.
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Christopher Conkie wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:I have said this twice at least already we will swap real names between Captains - our list is public where is yours?

Do you accept Fonzy as referee? If he agrees of course - would not blame him if he does not. However I find it strange that you will not accept Steve or Graham, 2 people of integrity.
Me
Henrik Dinesen
Andranik Khachatryan
Sam Hamilton
Charles Robeson
Gerold Daniels
Tano-Urayoan

We don't need a referee. Are you saying these people would cheat?
Are you saying that other CCC members can not join and they are all happy with that? I have seen several post in this thread that they are not including Charles - will he stay a member after your reply to him? Henrik your vice Captain also posted his concerns. Let's see..... IMHO the team should be open to all CCC members - if you do not want them they are welcome to join our team.
Spock

Post by Spock »

Let's just call off the match. No good can come of it.
Harvey Williamson

Spock wrote:Let's just call off the match. No good can come of it.
Yep - not my decision but we have a waiting list so we can just move to the next game.
Christopher Conkie

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Yep - not my decision but we have a waiting list so we can just move to the next game.
So you resign?
Harvey Williamson

Harvey Williamson wrote:
So you resign?
funny you deleted your last post that I was trying to reply to. It is not within my power to resign but would I personally rather resign than play against a team captained by you - without a doubt yes.
BubbaTough

Post by BubbaTough »

Hey, I am tickled to see I was one of the SECRET SEVEN :). I didn't even know. Its too bad Harvey decided to call things off because of his consternation over how CCC was organizing itself. Which may be partially my fault since I made the suggestion we organize things like a traditional newspaper vs. Grandmaster style match in the first place (small team figures out candidate moves with private analysis, and then presents to public for voting). Oh well. It was kind of looking like things were going to reduce to rule quibbling instead of chess anyway. And I can see why...once they saw we had a team full of amateurs like myself they knew they were in a no win situation (who wants to lose to a team powered by the analysis of LearningLemming and Telepath)?

-Sam
Christopher Conkie

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
So you resign?
funny you deleted your last post that I was trying to reply to. It is not within my power to resign but would I personally rather resign than play against a team captained by you - without a doubt yes.
I deleted it because it contained my reply to James at Hiarcs which would not post there.

I found the reason why so i deleted it from here. Is that OK with you Batman?

Moral of this story is....

Never ever play a friendly game with a forum about a commercial product as they do not see it as friendly.

It is not a matter of life and death. It is much more important to them than that.

We await the surrender of your captain. Until then we will post the first move on the appointed day. If you don't reply you WILL LOSE by default.
Harvey Williamson

BubbaTough wrote:
Hey, I am tickled to see I was one of the SECRET SEVEN :). I didn't even know. Its too bad Harvey decided to call things off because of his consternation over how CCC was organizing itself. Which may be partially my fault since I made the suggestion we organize things like a traditional newspaper vs. Grandmaster style match in the first place (small team figures out candidate moves with private analysis, and then presents to public for voting). Oh well. It was kind of looking like things were going to reduce to rule quibbling instead of chess anyway. And I can see why...once they saw we had a team full of amateurs like myself they knew they were in a no win situation (who wants to lose to a team powered by the analysis of LearningLemming and Telepath)?

-Sam
As far as i know the game is still on - I am not the Hiarcs team captain.
Harvey Williamson

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
So you resign?
I deleted it because it contained my reply to James at Hiarcs which would not post there.

I found the reason why so i deleted it from here. Is that OK with you Batman?

Moral of this story is....

Never ever play a friendly game with a forum about a commercial product as they do not see it as friendly.

It is not a matter of life and death. It is much more important to them than that.

We await the surrender of your captain. Until then we will post the first move on the appointed day. If you don't reply you WILL LOSE by default.
You really are a joke. All our team members do their own thing. Do you think we can tell Gm's and IM's what engine to use. We have several Rybka forum members in our team and they are welcome.

Well as far as I see it you have 7 days to make your 1st move and allow a referee - wow that is really tough to accept.