CCC/CTF v Hiarcs Headbangers Game 1 (25/07/2009)

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Christopher Conkie

Re: CCC/CTF v Hiarcs Headbangers Game 1 (25/07/2009)

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Christopher Conkie wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
tano-urayoan wrote:Mr Williamson, why this game needs a referee? You are raising the reasonable doubt of possible cheating, this is a gentleman's game, or do you suspect our team will steal your analysis?
Are you one of the secret 7? Do you know you can not join the team if you are not? Most people play fair - we have found some do not - what is the problem with a referee?

btw my name is Harvey:) I run the Hiarcs forum where we discuss our moves you can join our team there - there is some secret closed forum that is not part of ccc which ccc members can not join - we challenged ccc we would like to play them with a sane captain.
You must be running out of things to say.......

Ego......

Let's take a look at some ego...ok?
Only with perfect play will you be able to even draw against the Headbangers.
Nice and friendly eh?

You would not know what ego is if it slapped you in the face.

Are you implying I am insane?

Lest we forget Willy...it is you who started with the surname references.

If you can't remember (it is only a couple of posts ago) then i venture to suggest it is you who is going senile.
Senile happens to us all if we are lucky enough to live that long only you and Chris W have Ego's that border on insanity.
Only with perfect play will you be able to even draw against the Headbangers.
You would not know what ego was if it slapped you in the face.
Last edited by Christopher Conkie on Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

btw the most sensible post i read today by the captain of the rybka team http://hiarcs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=33926#33926
tano-urayoan

Post by tano-urayoan »

Watchman wrote:My question is: why not have an Arbiter? Even if the "setup" had proceeded smoothly (none of these squabbles had taken place) and a potential disagreement seemed so remotely impossible...

Why not have a backup plan (A Referee / Arbiter) in case there was "a" disagreement?
The only disagreement I could think of its related to time, that one team misses the deadline. The game should run smooth, we make a move you reply till the end of the game, what disagreement could be there? But I personally see no need for a referee, only if suspicious behaviour is expected. You expect cheating or misbehaviour during the game.
Spock

Post by Spock »

tano-urayoan wrote: The only disagreement I could think of its related to time, that one team misses the deadline.
And no need for a referee there. If the teams go over the deadline a few times by a small margin, big deal. They can work that out as gentlemen.
Harvey Williamson

Spock wrote:
tano-urayoan wrote: The only disagreement I could think of its related to time, that one team misses the deadline.
And no need for a referee there. If the teams go over the deadline a few times by a small margin, big deal. They can work that out as gentlemen.
But let's just suppose you want to join the CCC team the game has not started yet. My understanding is that you can not(unless you join team hiarcs) as the CCC?! team is now locked away on the Conkie forum - well all 7 of them - this is not a CCC team.
Christopher Conkie

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Spock wrote:
But let's just suppose you want to join the CCC team the game has not started yet. My understanding is that you can not(unless you join team hiarcs) as the CCC?! team is now locked away on the Conkie forum - well all 7 of them - this is not a CCC team.
Anyone can still join the CCC team provided they are not in the Hiarcs team as well. Quite how one proves that when you cannot tell us or do not know the real names of your members is difficult to know. How do we know? How are we meant to know?

http://hiarcs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2488&start=15

Once again you are using surnames irreverently Willy......

Is that how you operate in the Williamson forum these days?

I hope "Team Willy" is ready for the game.......
Last edited by Christopher Conkie on Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harvey Williamson

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Spock wrote:
Anyone can still join the CCC team provided they are not in the Hiarcs team as well. Quite how one proves that when you cannot tell us or do not know the real names of your members is difficult to know. How do we know? How are we meant to know?

That is the job of the referee you are starting to get it - he can examine IPs etc...
BubbaTough

Post by BubbaTough »

My understanding is that this is not true. If someone wanted to play they could. It seems unlikely though, since the vitriol from this thread have scared most away.

-Sam
Harvey Williamson

BubbaTough wrote:
My understanding is that this is not true. If someone wanted to play they could. It seems unlikely though, since the vitriol from this thread have scared most away.

-Sam
Excellent. Perhaps you would be better playing team Conkie v CCC we have a serious player waiting so personally I would be happy to cancel.
Last edited by Harvey Williamson on Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christopher Conkie

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Spock wrote:

That is the job of the referee you are starting to get it - he can examine IPs etc...
LOL

SteveB?

Examine IP's?

You will never know just how hilarious that is.....(or perhaps you do)......

Sam are you watching this? I hope you are.

Hahaha....well at least you made me laugh.

Please tell me how any neutral arbiter examines IP's

Must be the Stazi regards

Christopher

(LOL IP's.....very very funny :lol: )