CCC and respect

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

bnemias

CCC and respect

Post by bnemias »

bob (quoted from another thread) wrote:And then the always-present insults that are apparently unavoidable will be the last straw. As it always is.
I participate in several forums where insults are not the norm. I don't know what it is about this community, but intelligent discussion degenerates rapidly here.

I see lots of people who always end their posts with regards, but who don't actually treat others with respect.

There are also trolls, or nut cases-- it's hard to determine which. Either way, their babbling manages to spark several responses that are completely irrelevant to the discussion. But they keep getting fed, serving to ignite the controversy and muddle things beyond recognition.
fern

Re: CCC and respect

Post by fern »

Dear pal:
I do not see insults in CCC, though I do see harsh words, despising words sometimes.
There is some culture here of being rude. Nevertheless, it is nothing compared with CTF.
If you want a rapid course on skin resistence and armoured ego, go there and participate.

Ironclad regards
Fern
fern

Post by fern »

Dear pal:
I do not see insults in CCC, though I do see harsh words, despising words sometimes.
There is some culture here of being rude. Nevertheless, it is nothing compared with CTF.
If you want a rapid course on skin resistence and armoured ego, go there and participate.

Ironclad regards
Fern
towforce

Post by towforce »

bnemias wrote:
bob (quoted from another thread) wrote:And then the always-present insults that are apparently unavoidable will be the last straw. As it always is.
I participate in several forums where insults are not the norm. I don't know what it is about this community, but intelligent discussion degenerates rapidly here.

I see lots of people who always end their posts with regards, but who don't actually treat others with respect.

There are also trolls, or nut cases-- it's hard to determine which. Either way, their babbling manages to spark several responses that are completely irrelevant to the discussion. But they keep getting fed, serving to ignite the controversy and muddle things beyond recognition.
It has been proven (in a recent peer-reviewed study that I have read) that there is a correlation between genius and autism, and it is "common knowledge" that there is a correlation between autism and poor social skills (I would guess that this has also been "proven" in the past).

Btw - I don't know whether it was based on a peer-reviewed study, but I have also read in a book by an "expert" that there is a correlation between social skill level and salary - so genius may well come at a real price.
Writing is the antidote to confusion.
It's not "how smart you are", it's "how are you smart".
Your brain doesn't work the way you want, so train it!