When interesting play becomes more important than strength.

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Robert Flesher

Re: When interesting play becomes more important than streng

Post by Robert Flesher »

yanquis1972 wrote:you guys know about pro deo im sure? just an updated rebel, uci compatible
Yes I do, but it lacks some of the aggression and style of Rebel 12. Although, from what I can see it may be a tad bit stronger.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Robert Flesher wrote:
yanquis1972 wrote:you guys know about pro deo im sure? just an updated rebel, uci compatible
Yes I do, but it lacks some of the aggression and style of Rebel 12. Although, from what I can see it may be a tad bit stronger.
Indeed and that's why I'm interested of making it play on my pc....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Robert Flesher

Post by Robert Flesher »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Robert Flesher wrote:
Dr.D
Why not run it in the Chesspartner gui ?
yanquis1972

Post by yanquis1972 »

hmm, isnt pro deo fully customizable though? i know it has aggressive/active etc settings.
gerold

Post by gerold »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Robert Flesher wrote:I have bright, very tactical engine, but it seems confused(positionally), almost to chaotic. I prefer Deep Junior 7.0 and now Rebel 12 because they often sac material based on attack possibilities that other engines do not even consider. There is no easy draw! Try to lock the position with Rebel , he will take it personal. Then soon after you will see the sac of one or several minor pieces to smash you happy fortress. This is if you manage to even get one. I prefer to avoid bad chess ideas like that, but it good to know Rebel can deal with them.

If Amir e-mailed me tommorrow, I'd pay full price again for Deep Junior 7.0. Until then I can only hope maybe Ed will get bored and release Deep Rebel 13.0. :)
Thanks for the interesting comments regarding Rebel 12 :D
I have Rebel 12.00.01 but unfortunately it doesn't work under the Arena GUI and Windows XP x64 :cry:
I tried to install it as a winboard and as a UCI engine via the adapter,but no joy....it doesn't fire up....
Any hints will be much appreciated....
Dr.D
I don't think there is rebel that play xpx64.
I have ProDeo 1.2 and 1.6 wb and rebeluci all play in Arena
vista 32.

Best,

Gerold.
Robert Flesher

Post by Robert Flesher »

gerold wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Robert Flesher wrote:I have bright, very tactical engine, but it seems confused(positionally), almost to chaotic. I prefer Deep Junior 7.0 and now Rebel 12 because they often sac material based on attack possibilities that other engines do not even consider. There is no easy draw! Try to lock the position with Rebel , he will take it personal. Then soon after you will see the sac of one or several minor pieces to smash you happy fortress. This is if you manage to even get one. I prefer to avoid bad chess ideas like that, but it good to know Rebel can deal with them.

If Amir e-mailed me tommorrow, I'd pay full price again for Deep Junior 7.0. Until then I can only hope maybe Ed will get bored and release Deep Rebel 13.0. :)
I have Rebel 12.00.01 but unfortunately it doesn't work under the Arena GUI and Windows XP x64 :cry:
I tried to install it as a winboard and as a UCI engine via the adapter,but no joy....it doesn't fire up....
Dr.D
vista 32.

Best,

Gerold.
I am running Vista Home Premium 64, and Rebel 12 runs just find.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Robert Flesher wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Robert Flesher wrote:
Dr.D
Why not run it in the Chesspartner gui ?
Because I run my tournaments under the Arena GUI 8-)
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Robert Flesher wrote:
gerold wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

Dr.D
vista 32.

Best,

Gerold.
I am running Vista Home Premium 64, and Rebel 12 runs just find.
Lucky you :D
Dr.D
Andre

Post by Andre »

Got the same issue but was able to run it via the Windows XP compatibility mode. Just right click on the rebeluci.exe and in the compatiblity tab just select Windows XP sp2