Explanation for no big improvement in long time control

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Don

Re: Explanation for no big improvement in long time control

Post by Don »

Jan Brouwer wrote:I also see her rotating clockwise, I can't see her turning counter-clockwise however hard I try!
Only when reading the text can I see her rotating counter-clockwise in the corner of my eye.
Is this really an accurate test? I think I should be right-brained.

Jan
I had to cover most of the picture with my hand before I could see here rotating counter-clockwise. Once I saw her head going counter-clockwise, I could reveal the rest of the picture. But even then I would revert if the motion paused or anything distracted me.

My wife can easily see it either way she wants.
Adam Hair

Post by Adam Hair »

Jan Brouwer wrote:I also see her rotating clockwise, I can't see her turning counter-clockwise however hard I try!
Only when reading the text can I see her rotating counter-clockwise in the corner of my eye.
Is this really an accurate test? I think I should be right-brained.

Jan
Interesting. For me, I could not get the figure to rotate clockwise until I started reading the text.
I could change the rotation back to counter-clockwise by multiplying in my head. I was able to get the figure to pivot back and forth
for about 10 secs at a time at one point.
adieguez

Post by adieguez »

I can change the direction in 2 seconds or less (looking at the shadow in the floor or at her foot because they run contrary.)
Actually I can even see her with full color and waiting for me in a bed. I have seen so many things already you won't believe.