Kasparov Gambit

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

plattyaj

Re: Kasparov Gambit

Post by plattyaj »

The Dos Box site is back up. I just checked and Kasparov's Gambit is listed as supported:

http://www.dosbox.com/comp_list.php?letter=K

Somewhere I have a copy of this too ... must see if it still works. Hmm, I remember the constant "Oh, that doesn't like right" comments I used to get, perhaps I won't dig it out after all ;)

Andy.
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

plattyaj wrote:The Dos Box site is back up. I just checked and Kasparov's Gambit is listed as supported:

http://www.dosbox.com/comp_list.php?letter=K

Somewhere I have a copy of this too ... must see if it still works. Hmm, I remember the constant "Oh, that doesn't like right" comments I used to get, perhaps I won't dig it out after all ;)

Andy.
It looks like you fellas have given Fern what he needs, now if he wants the CD ver. he'll have to buy it at Amazon.
Terry McCracken
fern

Post by fern »

No sir...I do not have faith in those emulators and the much complex way as they must be mounted. I pass....

Fern
Terry McCracken

fern wrote:No sir...I do not have faith in those emulators and the much complex way as they must be mounted. I pass....

Fern
Do you have an old platform?
Terry McCracken
fern

Post by fern »

I have a pretty fast - dual 3 giga- and powerful desktop running XP pro.
F
Terry McCracken

fern wrote:I have a pretty fast - dual 3 giga- and powerful desktop running XP pro.
F
I meant an old system and hardware with DOS on it like Win98se. :)

You could always buy a modern box and put an old system on it. :P
Terry McCracken
fern

Post by fern »

Well, yes, now I remember, I have in a drawer a very old notebook Compak Armada that runs W95. It has 98 Mb Ram, poor criature. Yes, I could load Kasparov there, I suppose. I will try.

Thanks for your warm care about this

Fern
Terry McCracken

fern wrote:Well, yes, now I remember, I have in a drawer a very old notebook Compak Armada that runs W95. It has 98 Mb Ram, poor criature. Yes, I could load Kasparov there, I suppose. I will try.

Thanks for your warm care about this

Fern
I hope it works.

TLC Regards
Terry McCracken
Larry

Post by Larry »

vladstamate wrote:A good DOS emulator is DosBox (www.dosbox.com, although for some reason this morning the page does not load for me). They have versions for Linux, MacOSX and Windows among others. It has yet to fail me on running old dos apps.

Regards,
Vlad.
Thanks Vlad, and Terry... I've got the DOSBOX thingy on my comp
now and played Kasparov Gambit last night. Boy have we come some
way since those days. :roll:
all the best
Larry
Growth is the problem; not the solution
towforce

Post by towforce »

fern wrote:I do not have faith in those emulators and the much complex way as they must be mounted.
It's easy to understand DOS. There's a 640k limit, which can be overcome with either extended memory or expanded memory. These can be easily explained as follows:

* extended memory is extra memory that is... er... different from expanded memory

* expanded memory is extra memory that is... er... different from extended memory

:lol:
Writing is the antidote to confusion.
It's not "how smart you are", it's "how are you smart".
Your brain doesn't work the way you want, so train it!