Fritz 12 available

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Michael Diosi

Fritz 12 available

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hi,

According to the German ChessBase site: http://www.chessbase.de/ Fritz12 is now available. As we didn't get any recension copy we expect the program to still don't fully understand the rules of chess. The question is now, does it also play Wagner in the background in addition to Beethoven, Bach and Rachmaninov ?

What we can tell you for sure is that with the Fritz 13 interface the menue will be twice as wide, they will once again improve the Alpha-Beta Algorithm and also modern composers wil be included as background music. With version 20 the board will be 2x2 cm all the place will be used by menues ... :lol:

Is the 290 draw rule been fixed ?
Does the engine still play with pawns on 1st and 8th rank ?
Does it stil play with multiple kings ?
Do the ChessBase admins still ban/mute people for having the Arena logo in the profile ?
Does the database stil contain high qulaity games with 1-3 moves ?
Does the database still contain games from the future ?

Just a few reasons not to buy it...

The real question is when will be the adapter released that allows you to play the Fritz engines within the Arena GUI ? Or when will Frans Morsch finnaly release the Fritz engine as UCI ?

Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: Only Fritz 12 ?????

Post by Sylwy »

Michael Diosi wrote:
What we can tell you for sure is that with the Fritz 13
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Long live IASI !
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Infinite regards,
Silvian
Michael Diosi

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hi,

You didn't have any informations about the improvements to come with Fritz 13 yet ? Now you do.

Michael
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Post by Sylwy »

Michael Diosi wrote:Hi,

You didn't have any informations about the improvements to come with Fritz 13 yet ? Now you do.

Michael
Thank you a lot !
:lol:
Michael Diosi

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hi,

You are welcome.

We at Arena not only offer a free piece of software for people from countries who can't afford to buy a GUI or if they can don't want to be banned or muted by Chessbase admins who don't like their faces or logos in their profile, but also have a nice webpage and free Arena support.

Be sure to read the article about the reliable ChessBase cheating detection software on the Arena webpage soon.

The question is, is their cheating detection software as reliable as the ChessBase/Fritz 12 software itself ? If yes than it's not reliable as you can see from the multitude of bugs and if no how can they pretend it's reliable ? You see they are not telling the truth...

Best,
Michael
Norbert Raimund Leisner

Post by Norbert Raimund Leisner »

Hello,

Peter Schreiner (CB-support) said by email that the release of Deep Fritz 12 is unknown because
-- SMP it is a difficult procedure
-- first the single processor system is fully tested.

Previous versions of Chess Assistant-GUI had extra interfaces for (older) Genius and MChessPro, but now edition 10 supports only WB/UCI.

Regards,
Norbert
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

so Peter schreiner is still alive. thats at least good news.

i always thought its no good idea to work in hell because you don't get enough sun-light and only fire from the burning souls.
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
playjunior

Post by playjunior »

Actually I like Chessbase, their news, the GUI is not perfect but beats anything else I tried with a wide margin, that including Arena of course, which is, frankly speaking, horrible. I like that they release Fritz after so many years, and that it is so strong, especially if you consider only 32-bit engines.

And Fritz is not going to be UCI: stop whining and realize that they are the ones who dictate the rules, and the rules is-you buy it with the GUI, you use it with the GUI.
Michael Diosi

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hello,

Of course you are free to spend your money on whatever you want. Didn't got any proposals from you what should be changed in Arena or any mail at all. So in reality you have nothing to say but call me names.

Also we don't charge people the way ChessBase charges its custumers and Arena is just a one man spare time project and not a "professional" one done by upto 20 people (according to the about section) like ChessBase.

Too many bugs for the money. I could accept the bugs in a free project but not if i need to pay for it.

No need for a Fritz UCI, read the sentence again and maybe you will get the message, some people got it as I read my mails :D

You should also remember that Arena was the the first page to announce that there will be an Hiarcs UCI...

Michael
Spock

Post by Spock »

Well Michael, if you dish out criticism then you have to be prepared to take it back. "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you". Or to put it another way: Treat other people with the concern and kindness you would like them to show toward you.

No GUI is perfect, each has it's strengths and weaknesses. Everyone has their personal favourites. Both Arena and Chessbase are good GUIs as are ChessGUI and Shredder.