Fritz 12 available

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Graham Banks

Re: Fritz 12 available

Post by Graham Banks »

Christopher Conkie wrote: The GUI is outstandingly bad and has been for a long long time, but hey....if someone chops one of your legs off I bet you get used to it after some time.......

;-)

Christopher
It's easy to denigrate something that you dislike.
Although the Chessbase GUI has its faults, it is still the best available when you take all of its features into account.
And that's from somebody for whom ChessGUI is their preferred GUI. :wink:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Graham Banks wrote:
Christopher Conkie wrote: The GUI is outstandingly bad and has been for a long long time, but hey....if someone chops one of your legs off I bet you get used to it after some time.......

;-)

Christopher
Although the Chessbase GUI has its faults, it is still the best available when you take all of its features into account.
It is easy to denigrate the ChessBase GUI as it is not orientated toward the actual thing its was meant to do any longer.......

Exactly what features are you talking about with regard to playing computer chess tournaments? Spending money yes....its good at getting you to do that in various ways.....but computer chess.....LOL no.

Your statement is a joke. You say it's the best GUI available....then in the very next sentence you say that you use something else.

Chessbase GUI is the "slapper" of computer chess GUI's. Plenty lipstick and not much else. The dumb blond of GUI's.

Get a grip Graham.....call a spade a spade for once instead of doing your jellyfish act.

;-)

Christopher
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Christopher Conkie wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

;-)

Christopher
It is easy to denigrate the ChessBase GUI as it is not orientated toward the actual thing its was meant to do any longer.......

Exactly what features are you talking about with regard to playing computer chess tournaments? Spending money yes....its good at getting you to do that in various ways.....but computer chess.....LOL no.

Your statement is a joke. You say it's the best GUI available....then in the very next sentence you say that you use something else.

Chessbase GUI is the "slapper" of computer chess GUI's. Plenty lipstick and not much else. The dumb blond of GUI's.

Get a grip Graham.....call a spade a spade for once instead of doing your jellyfish act.

;-)

Christopher
The Chessbase GUI can be used to do auto-analysis of your games as just one example of an extra valuable feature.
I don't need this feature for engine v engine testing. ChessGUI is my preferred GUI for engine v engine testing.
And just to clarify, I get no special favours from Chessbase, as I believe some others might.

Cheers,
Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Graham Banks wrote:
Christopher Conkie wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

;-)

Christopher

;-)

Christopher
The Chessbase GUI can be used to do auto-analysis of your games as just one example of an extra valuable feature.
I don't need this feature for engine v engine testing. ChessGUI is my preferred GUI for engine v engine testing.
And just to clarify, I get no special favours from Chessbase, as I believe some others do.

Cheers,
Graham.
Arena->Engines->Automatic analysis......no doubt other GUI's do this as well.

How can I put it so that all ChessBase groupies will understand.......

Ahh yes.....

"That does not get the cat out of the tree"

:lol:

Christopher
Michael Diosi

Re: Only Fritz 12 ?????

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hi,

ChessBase is just an overpriced product with jut too many bugs. Fritz has reached version 12 but still doesn't know the rules of chess. They charge you money for telefon support and the answer is: "it works here". You get banned/muted on the server for using the Arena logo or mentioning ChessBase bugs.

On the other hand on the Arena page you can see the Arena bugs mentioned. We don't ban anyone fort telling us about the bugs.

Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com
Michael Diosi

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hi,

Really ?

UCI implemented after it was releaed with Arena, Shredder
No Citrine support
No real DGT support
FRC implementd after it was implemented in Arena.
No Winboard (not that I need it but some like it) support.
No support for real chess servers like FICS, ICS
Hundreds of 1-3 move games in their "high qulaity" database which they charge you witz 149 €

For me the money is better invested in some luxury wooden chess pieces for the Citrine board from you know who if you read the Arena page than in any ChessBase product, but it's your choice, just don't say you didn't know, I hear this excuse very often. I love my luxury wooden chess set and wouldn't have lked to miss it. I will still love them in 20 years when Fritz 12 is history.

Michael
Le Fou numerique

Post by Le Fou numerique »

Hi,

I ask myself: "Come spit on another product makes it mine better?"

Regards,
Patrick
Spock

Post by Spock »

Le Fou numerique wrote:Hi,

I ask myself: "Come spit on another product makes it mine better?"

Regards,
Patrick
Exactly. In fact this sort of attitude will drive people away from Arena if anything. It is bad for Arena
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: Fritzy o muerte !

Post by Sylwy »

fern wrote:Oh well, another "funny" post about a very well made product, full of features, still the best no matter what, Rybka included. I can understand that someone does not like this or that product; in that case I assume the thing to do is just to forget it. I have never wrote a poem about tomato sauce I do not like. Never, also, a supposed satire about a brand of spaghetti which taste is foreign to my palate. Sound weird to me to develop kind of hatred or mockery against a thing.
Well, maybe is the nature of this site. Once you have concentrated in such a trifling issue as chess computers is, you must consider it grave and give proportional importance to these things.

Sigh regards
Fern
Hi Generalissimo/Admiral ! :lol:

FRITZY O MUERTE !

Hasta la vista !
Silvian

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Michael Diosi

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hi Patrick,

As I said we also mention our own bugs, I think you missed that part on purpose. Also does this mean I am not allowed to mention the ChessBase bugs ? Anything to hide ? Do they pay anything for the advertising on your site ?

Michael