Fritz 12 available

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Michael Diosi

Re: Fritz 12 available

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hi,

We mention our own bugs too. You also missed that. Maybe also on purpose. So your stement doesn't stay. Also we didn't ban anyone from our server for mentioning the bugs. No they were all published on the Arena page for everybody to know.

Number of downloads and mails talk a different language. We don't sell anything so you may use it or not, we don't care we do it for fun and for chess and not for money. Can you see the difference ?

Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com
Le Fou numerique

Post by Le Fou numerique »

Michael Diosi wrote:Hi Patrick,

As I said we also mention our own bugs, I think you missed that part on purpose. Also does this mean I am not allowed to mention the ChessBase bugs ? Anything to hide ? Do they pay anything for the advertising on your site ?

Michael
Hi Michael,

You write here only for critisize ChessBase.

On my site you find information about Arena, Shredder Classic, Aquarium.

Have you paid for the pages of Arena ?

Patrick
Michael Diosi

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hi,

eally ?

http://talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 30&t=29595

Also in the old archives of the forum you will find plenty of postings about bugs in Arena. Also you can find them at the Arena page, news item 164.

So you can read about Citrine, DGT and the DCS board at the Arena page too. All engines and solving programs. So I do write about all relevant stuff.

Yes I pay for the Arena webpage. Why ?

Michael
Le Fou numerique

Michael Diosi wrote:

Yes I pay for the Arena webpage. Why ?

Michael
Hi Michael,

You ask if ChessBase paid for mention on my website.

Arena, Shredder Classic, Aquarium are also mentionned.

I don't remember you send me money for the pages I wrote about Arena.

Patrick
Michael Diosi

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hi,

I don't pay advertising if that was your question. I pay for the Arena page itself. They way you defended ChessBase sounded like they sent you free software for testing or payed for it. I couldn't found any bugs from ChessBase/Fritz mentioned at your page, just negative postings about Arena here :) and in the CSS forum. Did you oversee all ChessBase bugs and found just the Arena ones ?

That's the difference, we also mention our own bugs.

I also wrote interviews with SMK, Eiko Bleicher, Reinhard Scharnagl,.. didn't you say I mention no one else just crticise ChessBase ? Did you miss all that ?

Thanks to all for the huge of hits/downloads on the Arena page
in the last 24 hours.

Michael
Edward German

Re: Only Fritz 12

Post by Edward German »

Programmer of Fritz, Mathias Feist, said today on Playchess (he as kibitz), that a "Deep Fritz 12" will not be released this year, 2009. This message is a sad message for me, sorry... :(..., then Single-Engines are for me out now - Point
Last edited by Edward German on Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Le Fou numerique

Michael Diosi wrote: Did you oversee all ChessBase bugs and found just the Arena ones ?
Hi Michael,

I make a lot of job for Arena before you came.

Since you came and Frank was gone, it's sure it's no the same.

Patrick
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Le Fou numerique wrote:
Michael Diosi wrote: Did you oversee all ChessBase bugs and found just the Arena ones ?
Hi Michael,

I make a lot of job for Arena before you came.

Since you came and Frank was gone, it's sure it's no the same.

Patrick
Thankfully.......

Now things move at a much more leisurely pace.

Anyway what has all this got to do with the fact that ChessBase have released Fritz 5 (mark 7) GUI? Back on topic......will you be buying it if it has Fritz 11 engine in it Patrick?

:)

Christopher
George Tsavdaris

Post by George Tsavdaris »

Christopher Conkie wrote: It is easy to denigrate the ChessBase GUI as it is not orientated toward the actual thing its was meant to do any longer.......

Exactly what features are you talking about with regard to playing computer chess tournaments? Spending money yes....its good at getting you to do that in various ways.....but computer chess.....LOL no.

Your statement is a joke. You say it's the best GUI available....then in the very next sentence you say that you use something else.

Chessbase GUI is the "slapper" of computer chess GUI's. Plenty lipstick and not much else. The dumb blond of GUI's.
This is your opinion.

And i would have respect it if i didn't see all these hate for Chessbase in your posts. I truly believe you criticize so much Chessbase(Fritz) GUIs because you just hate Chessbase and you magnify some bugs it has to such extend, that you make it seem the most buggy software ever!
But this is extremely far away from the truth.

Chessbase(Fritz, Rybka etc) GUIs are not buggy at all for me, have countless of useful features, have the best/most convenient analyzing features(for my taste- Aquarium must be better but it has this Excel 2007 style GUI and it's disgusting for my taste), have a very good engine-engine match features(not better than Arena, Arena is better in this), and have the best graphics by far.
All in all it rocks generally. It has some bugs and missing features but not, by no means, in the extend you make it seem.

Arena rocks, but Chessbase GUI rocks also. :D
After his son's birth they've asked him:
"Is it a boy or girl?"
YES! He replied.....