Any improvement in Fritz 12 behaviour ?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Michael Diosi

Any improvement in Fritz 12 behaviour ?

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hello,

Just wonder if those who have Fritz 12 already can tell us what the behaviour of the engine is in this two positions:

[D]1QqQqQq1/r6Q/Q6q/q6Q/B2q4/q6Q/k6K/1qQ1QqRb w - - 0 1
[D]5Q2/PP1B1P2/1P6/2B5/1p1P4/7p/nPR1bp1P/3k3K w - - 0 1

Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com
Vinvin
Full name: Vincent Lejeune

Re: Any improvement in Fritz 12 behaviour ?

Post by Vinvin »

I didn't know this positions ! Thanks to share !
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

It is not released till October 7th.I suppose you will get answer then.
Just tested PF4 with Hiarcs 12.1 and 1st position is mate in 1 with Qxb1#.
The 2nd involved 3 under promotions including Bishop to achieve the win.
Main line 1.Rd2+ Kc1 2.Rd1+ Kxd1 3.Ba4+ b3 4.Bxb3+ Ke1 5.Bb4+ Nc3 6.Bxc3+ Kf1 7.Bc4 Bxc4 8.Qc5 Bd3 9.Qb5 Bxb5 10.b8=N Bd3 11.a8=B Be2 12.f8=R with mate anouncements.
We know for sure that the #1 engine won't solve it :D
Spock

Post by Spock »

Michael Diosi wrote:Hello,

Just wonder if those who have Fritz 12 already can tell us what the behaviour of the engine is in this two positions:

Michael
The first position - I couldn't care less. It would never be achieved in any game.
Olivier Deville

Post by Olivier Deville »

Spock wrote:
Michael Diosi wrote:Hello,

Michael
The first position - I couldn't care less. It would never be achieved in any game.
And still, the position is legal, and any decent chess engine should be able to solve it.

Some people are not only interested in chess games, but in problem compositions as well.

Olivier
Michael Diosi

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hi,

It can be reached. According to Nanand Petrovic Fairy Chess Review Okt 1946. I'm not sute you understood purpose of such a position. It is extreem but will show you typical a behaviour of an engine.

I don't know if the record has been broken but this is a LEGAL positon with 324 move possibilties (black and white added)

This is a legal postion and NAY engine should be able to see a mate in one instantly.

How about the second one ?

Michael Diosi
Spock

Post by Spock »

Michael Diosi wrote:Hi,

It can be reached. According to Nanand Petrovic Fairy Chess Review Okt 1946. I'm not sute you understood purpose of such a position. It is extreem but will show you typical a behaviour of an engine.
It can theoretically be reached, but the chances are probably one in a trillion. I have more chances of winning the lottery every week for the rest of my life. So my comment stands - I don't give a toss how any engine deals with this position.
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: A new engine ?

Post by Sylwy »

Michael Diosi wrote:

This is a legal postion and NAY engine should be able to see a mate in one instantly.

Michael Diosi

Shalom Miky !

This NAY engine is a new one coming from Arena ? :lol:
Enlighten me please ?
Or maybe I'm under infamous coffee & Coca-Cola influences ? :lol:

Silvian
:lol:
Kirill Kryukov

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Spock wrote:
Michael Diosi wrote:Hi,

It can theoretically be reached, but the chances are probably one in a trillion. I have more chances of winning the lottery every week for the rest of my life. So my comment stands - I don't give a toss how any engine deals with this position.
Just wait till someone sneaks in a line ending with this position into an opening book you use. Just as a joke. Especially if you bet money against it. :-)
Michael Diosi

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hi,

Well I am sure engine programmers do because they understand what it is about. Of yourse I could have presented a much simpler poition where the same things happen but it is my choice what positon I present.

So what about the second one ? No answer ? Or is it also a position in a trillion ? Just like any position in such a stage of the game...

Michael