Fritz 12

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Do you think it is ok for the Arena team to undermine the release of fritz 12?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:46 am

Yes
32%
No (But after they purchase F12 it is ok to then report bugs)
68%

Total votes: 44

George Tsavdaris

Re: Fritz 12

Post by George Tsavdaris »

Christopher Conkie wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote: I do not have the F12 engine yet. I was a beta tester for GUI12 as were many others on Playchess not just sys ops. I have to say that they were very quick at fixing reported bugs and releasing a new beta.
This never happened with Fritz 7.
Yes so what? Do we live in 2003? It is happening now with Fritz 12, as Harvey says.
Should we complain about bugs Fritz 7 had?

I might also add that your useless propagandist poll where you provide only the option YOU like is completely worthless.

That is not a poll.......if you really want to see a fair poll....i'll make one for you.
It's a fair poll and it shows the opinions of people for some behavior. It's obvious that people do not like this behavior.
After his son's birth they've asked him:
"Is it a boy or girl?"
YES! He replied.....
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

George Tsavdaris wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote: I do not have the F12 engine yet. I was a beta tester for GUI12 as were many others on Playchess not just sys ops. I have to say that they were very quick at fixing reported bugs and releasing a new beta.
Yes so what? Do we live in 2003? It is happening now with Fritz 12, as Harvey says.

I might also add that your useless propagandist poll where you provide only the option YOU like is completely worthless.

That is not a poll.......if you really want to see a fair poll....i'll make one for you.
It's a fair poll and it shows the opinions of people for some behavior. It's obvious that people do not like this behavior.
Being partizan is not being fair.

Also this poll is not about what people like. It is not even about what you personally like.

Read.

http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopi ... 52&t=29933

It is about what Harvey likes to make a poll about, and anyone can do that (as you can see).

It's a banana in the tailpipe......Harvey only started the engine.......

:P

Christopher
playjunior

Post by playjunior »

George Tsavdaris wrote:

Also this poll is not about what people like. It is not even about what you personally like.

Read.

It is about what Harvey likes to make a poll about, and anyone can do that (as you can see).

Christopher
So 5 threads about the bugs of a product yet to be released is not partisan, but this poll is? What do you smoke?
Michael Diosi

Post by Michael Diosi »

Fritz 12 has been released already at the point the thread was made. So if you don't have it and can't tell us if the bugs are still teher why did you step in. I want to know if the bugs are there or not. Can you tell us or not ? Aren't you curious if the bugs have been fixed or not ?

Or are you intersted in the smoking habits of people. This forum is not appropriate for this.

Michael Diosi
http://www.playwitharena.com
Christopher Conkie

playjunior wrote:
George Tsavdaris wrote:

Read.

Christopher
So 5 threads about the bugs of a product yet to be released is not partisan, but this poll is? What do you smoke?
Show me where?

In fact show me ONE.

This I must see. Hurry up as I want to know if you are seeing things?

Help me to help you.

Christopher

(And btw.....it has been released. I would have thought a fan would know that)
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

Harvey Williamson wrote:The threads started by the Arena team astound me. They do not yet have F12 but they are reporting bugs. If they were reporting a new clone without evidence I think moderation policy would be to delete the thread.
There is nothing in the charter against being critical of chess software. Nothing libelous has been said. Mr. Williamson is also free to dislike the posts and state his dislike. Certainly the tone of the software criticism could be more friendly, but no charter violations have occurred.
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Dann Corbit wrote:Nothing libelous has been said. Mr. Williamson is also free to dislike the posts and state his dislike. Certainly the tone of the software criticism could be more friendly, but no charter violations have occurred.
Does that include all the posts the moderators have had to delete in the last couple of days?
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Dann Corbit wrote:Nothing libelous has been said. Mr. Williamson is also free to dislike the posts and state his dislike. Certainly the tone of the software criticism could be more friendly, but no charter violations have occurred.
Does that include all the posts the moderators have had to delete in the last couple of days?
No. Posts are deleted when they violate the charter.
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Dann Corbit wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Ok just wanted clarity as your post makes it sound like everything is fine and that several personal attacks were not made against me today by the arena team.
Christopher Conkie

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Dann Corbit wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Ok just wanted clarity as your post makes it sound like everything is fine and that several personal attacks were not made against me today by the arena team.
Like what?