Re-revision of Fritz GUI 12 Service Pack 1 version 4

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Christopher Conkie

Re-revision of Fritz GUI 12 Service Pack 1 version 4

Post by Christopher Conkie »

No such service pack exists.

It is all in your mind. A figment of your imagination.

Everything works in Fritz 12 perfectly.

I have been told this by a sysop no less......

:lol:

And he should know of all people.......

Don't bother looking for it because it does not exist.

Nor does the third one,

the second one,

.....or for that matter the first one.

An official representative told me, and no they have NO reason to keep a secret.

Christopher
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Re: Re-revision of Fritz GUI 12 Service Pack 1 version 4

Post by Harvey Williamson »

I have no idea if CB have released a service pack yet. At the moment the product is only available to people in Germany and beta testers. The other DVD's will be distributed soon.

When CB release an update it is from their website - when it is on their website all customers are free to download it of course. It should not be uploaded to a file sharing site.
Christopher Conkie

Harvey Williamson wrote:I have no idea if CB have released a service pack yet. At the moment the product is only available to people in Germany and beta testers. The other DVD's will be distributed soon.
You have no idea. Can I quote you on that please?

So you are saying that someone is not able to buy the product from Germany?

Other DVD's? Harvey, what exactly are you talking about? Have you bought it yet?

Are you a customer.....yet?

When CB release an update it is from their website - when it is on their website all customers are free to download it of course. It should not be uploaded to a file sharing site.
So the updates released on the CSS forum are not updates?

If not what are they? Are they service packs of a service pack by any chance?

I must admire your "wall-like" attitude.

People did indeed think the Earth was flat as well.

And that's official my friend.....

;-)

Christopher
Last edited by Christopher Conkie on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harvey Williamson

I admire your admiration. sure you can order form Germany if you want - still do not see why someone who is so anti-cloning is ok with an illegal upload of CB software? I have beta 6 not sure that helps you?!
Christopher Conkie

Harvey Williamson wrote:I admire your admiration. sure you can order form Germany if you want - still do not see why someone who is so anti-cloning is ok with an illegal upload of CB software?
I'll take that as a "No, I have not bought it".

They have not removed the link in the CSS.

Mr Friedel lives there.

http://www.computerschach.de/index.php? ... &Itemid=89

He is also here....

http://www.chessbase.com/contact/whoiswho.asp

It says he is our man for "the Web".

;-)

He is allowing "illegal" links?

Somehow I doubt it, but if you want to accuse him....why not write him a letter?

I'd buy the software first if I were you although, just so you know what you are talking about. Think of this as a tip.......

Christopher
Harvey Williamson

Why should I buy it when I get it free? If you can produce an email or post from Frederic where he says that link is ok then I would be interested to read it. Otherwise you are just trolling again - btw how many votes in your poll compared to mine? any reason why you did not bother with poll 2 - I think you and michael probably realised you had badly misjudged the situation and the only thing you are achieving is to destroy the reputation of yourselves and Arena. My last post on the subject - you can post what you like in reply I will not respond - unless of course you have 1 from frederic saying that link is ok.
Last edited by Harvey Williamson on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christopher Conkie

Harvey Williamson wrote:Why should I buy it when I get it free?
If you do......you will know that there are Service Packs. Don't tell me.....they gave you the software but not the service packs. I believe Günther Höhne, he has supplied proof and you have supplied none.

I bet you did not get it free for your customer service record anyway. This much is a fact.

Keep making the thread longer Harvey. I'm in the mood. We can discuss service packs all night if you like?

:)

Christopher
Christopher Conkie

Harvey Williamson wrote:I think you and michael probably realised you had badly misjudged the situation and the only thing you are achieving is to destroy the reputation of yourselves and Arena.
I doubt very highly that people do or don't play with Arena because of us. If they do, they must be pretty shallow.

I can however imagine that people do not go to the Playchess Server because of you and people like you.

Our bugs are free, people must pay for yours......never forget that.

Doh!

Christopher
Alexander Schmidt

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

Harvey Williamson wrote:If you can produce an email or post from Frederic where he says that link is ok then I would be interested to read it.
Just to be sure. :?

You want people to get permission of the autor before they link to a file? :shock:

You say a file of chessbase, hosted on chessbase' server might possibly be an illegal downlaod? :shock: :shock:
Michael Diosi

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hi,

So you do have beta 6 ? As you didn't say that at least one of the positions/bugs I have posted are now solved this means that the bugs are still there. Thanks for confirming.

As people who already have Fritz 12 they got Sevive Pack 4. Your is 2 versions newer and bugs are still there ?

[]Yes
[]No (which one have been fixed ?)

So you are going to ignore customers. Thanks for telling us, may I cite that on our page as you "work" for ChessBase ?

Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com