Re-revision of Fritz GUI 12 Service Pack 1 version 4

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Re: Re-revision of Fritz GUI 12 Service Pack 1 version 4

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Alexander Schmidt wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:If you can produce an email or post from Frederic where he says that link is ok then I would be interested to read it.
Just to be sure. :?

You want people to get permission of the autor before they link to a file? :shock:

You say a file of chessbase, hosted on chessbase' server might possibly be an illegal downlaod? :shock: :shock:
No I want them to get permission before uploading it themselves to a file sharing website and then publishing that link. If there is an official link to a download from CB then of course that link can be published. You have missed the point the published link was not to the CB website but to a file sharing site.
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Alexander Schmidt wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:If you can produce an email or post from Frederic where he says that link is ok then I would be interested to read it.

You want people to get permission of the autor before they link to a file? :shock:

You say a file of chessbase, hosted on chessbase' server might possibly be an illegal downlaod? :shock: :shock:
No I want them to get permission before uploading it themselves to a file sharing website and then publishing that link. If there is an official link to a download from CB then of course that link can be published. You have missed the point the published link was not to the CB website but to a file sharing site.
Why is the link still in the CSS forum? Can you provide what you call "official" links to the updates so that people who have the product can correct some of the issues they have? That would be a positive step.

Correct me if I am wrong but what appears to be happening is beta testing of a product on the hoof. You told us earlier that you were a beta tester of the software. Did you ever try to save a layout in it? Did you test that? It seems that is quite a simple thing to do. It might in fact, be one of the first things that people do with ANY product so that they can work the way they feel comfortable?

I remember that in Fritz 7 beta testing took place before a product was released. This was in my opinion a very good idea as most of the problems got ironed out before the final software got released.

There are many other types of software that do that these days.

Some of us have bought CB products since the beginning. I have even collected things that were not sold......just to see if they were any different.

I have watched them all and it does get worse. Now you are sitting there telling us that Service Packs that do exist are unofficial, even though YOU use them.

If the guy was wrong to help someone, why is the link still there in the CSS forum? Why is it not removed and the guy reprimanded?

I think we should ask Daniel Mehrmann (who is a very reasonable guy) if your SysOp "status" extends to the CSS forum.

Until then I like Guenther would attempt to help anyone if I can and I don't care if you like it, the link, the manner of delivery or if you feel disenfranchised.

You say its unofficial.....so show us the official link.

Christopher
Harvey Williamson

Christopher Conkie wrote: Why is the link still in the CSS forum?
Is it?
Christopher Conkie

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Christopher Conkie wrote: Why is the link still in the CSS forum?
Is it?
Good so where is the official link?

Oh and btw....... the layout.....how do you save it without it being fixed?

And.....The Turk 3D board is special. Turkish Delight one might say.....

Do you really need to install the entire DirectX SDK?

Yikes!

:)

....I guess i'll be happy with the layout being able to be saved and the official link to the Service Packs for now. This happens with every release. Are you sure you were a beta tester?

;-)

Christopher
Alexander Schmidt

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

Harvey Williamson wrote:You have missed the point the published link was not to the CB website but to a file sharing site.
I missed the point because the thread is gone :)

No hard feelings.
Harvey Williamson

Alexander Schmidt wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:You have missed the point the published link was not to the CB website but to a file sharing site.
I missed the point because the thread is gone :)

No hard feelings.
None at all :-)
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Alexander Schmidt wrote:

Harvey is absolutely right and his argument is logical to say the least 8-)
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Christopher Conkie

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Alexander Schmidt wrote:

Dr.D
And in the meantime the software is broken.

Christopher
Michael Diosi

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hi,

Did you notice he didn't post anything about the bugs even ih he has the software ? What crap, did they reach service pack 10 already ? Are the sysops on their server also "changed" with each "SERVICE"-pack ?

Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Christopher Conkie wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Alexander Schmidt wrote:

Dr.D
And in the meantime the software is broken.

Christopher
Yes,and it sems that the bugs in this release are more serious than the previous one,Deep Fritz 11....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….