New SmarThink 1.20

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Kirk

New SmarThink 1.20

Post by Kirk »

Does not seem that it is MP yet. I guess Lokasoft does not carry any MP engines as of yet

Nice to see the flurry of new engines around this time

SmarThink 1.20 is the new version of this well-known Russian engine. More than a year was spent on improving the SmarThink algorithms which brings the engine to the list of the world-top engines again. There are no human or software players in the world that are completely invulnerable to the SmarThink attacks. SmarThink has an interesting attacking style especially in pawn endings.

The author expects this version to be 60-70 points stronger than version 1.10 (Moscow).
“He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, pathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious”
solis

Re: New SmarThink 1.20

Post by solis »

Deep Sjeng 1was MP engine from Locasoft
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

solis wrote:Deep Sjeng 1was MP engine from Locasoft
Good point! I forgot about that.
“He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, pathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious”
Sergei Markoff

Post by Sergei Markoff »

Kirk wrote:Does not seem that it is MP yet.
MP version will be done in next few months.
Kirill Kryukov

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Sergei Markoff wrote:
Kirk wrote:Does not seem that it is MP yet.
MP version will be done in next few months.
Congratulations with the new release!

How about making 1.00 freeware (like Rybka)? It will be then able to enter my tournament. (Where currently the old and buggy 0.17a represents Smarthink). Just an idea.

Best,
Kirill
Leto

Post by Leto »

The author expects this version to be 60-70 points stronger than version 1.10 (Moscow).
Might as well have called it SmarThink 2.0 to make it easier for people to see that it is a significant upgrade, whereas 1.20 might make people think it's just a bugfix release.
Sergei Markoff

Post by Sergei Markoff »

Kirill Kryukov wrote:Congratulations with the new release!
Thank you :)
Kirill Kryukov wrote:How about making 1.00 freeware (like Rybka)? It will be then able to enter my tournament. (Where currently the old and buggy 0.17a represents Smarthink). Just an idea.
I think it's a good idea and we probable will do. Also I think it's a good idea to make free Linux version.
Sergei Markoff

Post by Sergei Markoff »

Leto wrote:Might as well have called it SmarThink 2.0 to make it easier for people to see that it is a significant upgrade, whereas 1.20 might make people think it's just a bugfix release.
When I started at the beginning of 2000s, my versions was 0.02, 0.03 and so on. The idea was that 1.0 must be the World champion :) :) :)
But I changed this idea and 1.0 was my first commertial release.
So, I hope 2.0 will be the World champion :lol:
WinPooh
Full name: Vladimir Medvedev

Post by WinPooh »

Kirill Kryukov wrote:How about making 1.00 freeware (like Rybka)?
Just another idea, make it open source (like Strelka) :)
Sergei Markoff

Post by Sergei Markoff »

WinPooh wrote:
Kirill Kryukov wrote:How about making 1.00 freeware (like Rybka)?
Just another idea, make it open source (like Strelka) :)
We will see, may be.
My sources needs to be refined in the case of release... I think 1.00 sources looks really bad bacause of my old programming style.