New engine: Ippolit

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

F. Bluemers

Re: New engine: Ippolit

Post by F. Bluemers »

No choice is perfect
In this case:
From Zero to Hero(1000)
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: New engine:Hey mods ! A man are inpolite ( at least ) he

Post by Sylwy »

Terry McCracken wrote:
Sylwy wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Sylwy wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Sylwy wrote:
Christopher Conkie wrote:
Anton wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
George Tsavdaris wrote: How the hell this engine occurred suddenly? :shock:
How did people know about its web page? Lucky guess? :D
It's been around for about six months, but mention of it has been banned from almost everywhere because of the fact that it's an illegal Rybka clone.
Where is the evidence Graham?

Is there a link that shows the evidence?
Here
No

:)

Christopher

TalkChess forum (Capitalist?) suspects IPPOLIT a clone (18 Oct 2009). How so? No evidence, convincing source code here already! Furthermore: IPPOLIT leans +50 ELO beyond of Rybka 3 Chess. So why clone?

Furthermore: Capitalist Intrigues: Rumor: Larry Kaufman (Rybka) asked for IPPOLIT perpetuators, convincing that control (Capitalist) is performing? Ash heaps can not envelop them!

El objetivo principal de la Revolución Octubre es por someter a los impulsos del capitalismo en el mundossimo del ajedrez, particularmente ajedrez con las computadoras.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You're really something else! You should be banned.
Why ?
Isn't my work !
I haven't posted the link !
Too much nervousness here !
And.......the lyrics seems amusing to me !
Silvian
:lol:

PS: what is the problem with Christianity in Holocaust ? I don't understand your text !
You don't seem to understand much.
Deh !
Was God decision........much,much,much..........years ago !
Thank you !
Not everybody can reach your level !

Silvian

PS:you must be banned also for insult me withouth any reasom.Also...you haven't the humour sense ! Grave
Get the fuc k out of here!
This is your western great education ????????
Ha ha ha ha ha........................................
Michael Diosi

Re: New engine: Grave

Post by Michael Diosi »

You can't destinguish a clone from an original work ? If you would care to look at the bug threads you will get the message, maybe, I still doubt it because:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpuSHVfrDtc

But as I read your messages here I come to the conclusion you might like "manele" from Romanian culture much more...

You know same bugs in same positions are just like fingerprints. If you want anything more you should buy our book with proofs to appear soon. I doubt you will understand it.

We will take care ...

Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com
Last edited by Michael Diosi on Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gian-Carlo Pascutto

Re: New engine: A question

Post by Gian-Carlo Pascutto »

SzG wrote: As far as I can remember, in the times when Strelka was discussed, it was not agreed that disassembling constitutes cloning. If it does not, there is no legal basis for taking the case to court. Even if we caught the cloner, he could still laugh in our face.
It's a clear copyright violation.

If you translate a book and republish it in another language, you are liable.
F. Bluemers

Post by F. Bluemers »

More humour.
I just got from a trustworthy( :lol: ) person that
Ippolit is nothing else but

drumroll

Hustle CCT12
Ben Lau said so himself
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Sylwy wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Sylwy wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Sylwy wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Sylwy wrote:
Anton wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
It's been around for about six months, but mention of it has been banned from almost everywhere because of the fact that it's an illegal Rybka clone.

Here
No

Christopher

TalkChess forum (Capitalist?) suspects IPPOLIT a clone (18 Oct 2009). How so? No evidence, convincing source code here already! Furthermore: IPPOLIT leans +50 ELO beyond of Rybka 3 Chess. So why clone?

Furthermore: Capitalist Intrigues: Rumor: Larry Kaufman (Rybka) asked for IPPOLIT perpetuators, convincing that control (Capitalist) is performing? Ash heaps can not envelop them!

El objetivo principal de la Revolución Octubre es por someter a los impulsos del capitalismo en el mundossimo del ajedrez, particularmente ajedrez con las computadoras.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why ?
Isn't my work !
Silvian

PS: what is the problem with Christianity in Holocaust ? I don't understand your text !
Deh !
Thank you !

Silvian

PS:you must be banned also for insult me withouth any reasom.Also...you haven't the humour sense ! Grave
You are a dense trouble maker. It's time your posts are pulled along with mine addressing you.

You're wasting space and I haven't the time for your stupidity. Grow Up or Get Out!
Terry McCracken
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

F. Bluemers wrote:More humour.
I just got from a trustworthy( :lol: ) person that
Ippolit is nothing else but

drumroll

Hustle CCT12
Ben Lau said so himself

Ben Lau and John Con Way?

Funny.....

Christopher
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: New engine: ?????

Post by Sylwy »

Michael Diosi wrote:
But as I read your messages here I come to the conclusion you might like "manele" from Romanian culture much more...
Hi Miky !

I'm full up with your mischievous comments here toward me & Romania !
I know you are an ex-Romanian ( coming from Orient ) ! That's is enough explanation for me !
Wonder for me why mods let you and your friends to utter such comments here !

Silvian
Andre van Ark

Post by Andre van Ark »

Terry McCracken wrote:
Sylwy wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Sylwy wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Sylwy wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Sylwy wrote:
Anton wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

Here
No

Christopher

Why ?
Isn't my work !
Silvian

Deh !
Thank you !

Silvian

You are a dense trouble maker. It's time your posts are pulled along with mine addressing you.

You're wasting space and I haven't the time for your stupidity. Grow Up or Get Out!
Please, calm down, "comrades" :)
Gian-Carlo Pascutto

Re: New engine: Ippolit

Post by Gian-Carlo Pascutto »

George Tsavdaris wrote:
Graham Banks wrote: People who are happy to produce, promote or use illegal clones are a blight on our hobby. :(
I disagree. I disagree only on "use".

[...]
Why? Because i'm interested in better Ches engines and better analysis.
If you'd already payed for Rybka 3 then the hurting will be less. Nevertheless most people simply won't do that, and that really is the problem.

I hope you do realize that one of the main reasons why we had such a huge improvement from Rybka 1 -> Rybka 2 -> Rybka 3 is because Vasik gave up his day job to work on it full time, and has to support his family from the sales of it. As far as I know, he is the only author which works exclusively on the engine and the performance of Rybka compared to competitors shows it.

I hope it's obvious that its harder to get sales when something almost as good or better is available for free.

What would you think when I come into your office and declare that from now on you will be earning half of what you were earning before?

This can happen anyway if someone publishes a better free engine (Stockfish 2.0 :)). But then you can accept that you were outprogrammed. In this case, the work was just STOLEN.

I'm somewhat curious how Vas will react. He went over Strelka fairly lightly, but I'm not sure that will be possible here.