New engine: Ippolit

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Christopher Conkie

Re: New engine: Ippolit/Nice lyrics from wikispaces

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Sylwy wrote: 1.
TalkChess forum (Capitalist?) suspects IPPOLIT a clone (18 Oct 2009). How so? No evidence, convincing source code here already! Furthermore: IPPOLIT leans +50 ELO beyond of Rybka 3 Chess. So why clone?
I don't need to suspect anything......I already know. More important to me is that you think I am a Capitalist? I'm sure that if I stood next to you, I would be able to hear the ocean. Convincing source code......says the non programmer. And for your information you dunderhead........

Toga is better than the source it came from.

Doh!

Are they all as thick as you where you come from?
Furthermore: Capitalist Intrigues: Rumor: Larry Kaufman (Rybka) asked for IPPOLIT perpetuators, convincing that control (Capitalist) is performing? Ash heaps can not envelop them
No intrigue, I guess they don't need airheads like you doing what you are now doing here, namely, being a little twirp.

Christopher
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: New engine:Hey mods ! A man are inpolite ( at least ) he

Post by Sylwy »

Terry McCracken wrote:
Sylwy wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Sylwy wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Sylwy wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Sylwy wrote:
Christopher Conkie wrote:
Anton wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
George Tsavdaris wrote: How the hell this engine occurred suddenly? :shock:
How did people know about its web page? Lucky guess? :D
It's been around for about six months, but mention of it has been banned from almost everywhere because of the fact that it's an illegal Rybka clone.
Where is the evidence Graham?

Is there a link that shows the evidence?
Here
No

:)

Christopher

TalkChess forum (Capitalist?) suspects IPPOLIT a clone (18 Oct 2009). How so? No evidence, convincing source code here already! Furthermore: IPPOLIT leans +50 ELO beyond of Rybka 3 Chess. So why clone?

Furthermore: Capitalist Intrigues: Rumor: Larry Kaufman (Rybka) asked for IPPOLIT perpetuators, convincing that control (Capitalist) is performing? Ash heaps can not envelop them!

El objetivo principal de la Revolución Octubre es por someter a los impulsos del capitalismo en el mundossimo del ajedrez, particularmente ajedrez con las computadoras.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You're really something else! You should be banned.
Why ?
Isn't my work !
I haven't posted the link !
Too much nervousness here !
And.......the lyrics seems amusing to me !
Silvian
:lol:

PS: what is the problem with Christianity in Holocaust ? I don't understand your text !
You don't seem to understand much.
Deh !
Was God decision........much,much,much..........years ago !
Thank you !
Not everybody can reach your level !

Silvian

PS:you must be banned also for insult me withouth any reasom.Also...you haven't the humour sense ! Grave
Get the fuc k out of here!
This is your western great education ????????
Ha ha ha ha ha........................................
1.You are a dense trouble maker.

2.It's time your posts are pulled along with mine addressing you.

3.I haven't the time for your stupidity.

1.??????

2.Why ? You aren't proud ?

3.Ignore me but don't insult -of course if you are educated !
Sylwy

Post by Sylwy »

I don't need to suspect anything......I already know. More important to me is that you think I am a Capitalist? I'm sure that if I stood next to you, I would be able to hear the ocean. Convincing source code......says the non programmer. And for your information you dunderhead........

Doh!

Furthermore: Capitalist Intrigues: Rumor: Larry Kaufman (Rybka) asked for IPPOLIT perpetuators, convincing that control (Capitalist) is performing? Ash heaps can not envelop them
No intrigue, I guess they don't need airheads like you doing what you are now doing here, namely, being a little twirp.

Christopher
Hey man ! These aren't my comments. Only two quotations from the original web page ( I can send you the original link in a PM message ).
Nothing to do with my convinctions. Hard to understand ?
Michel

Re: New engine: Ippolit

Post by Michel »

If you'd already payed for Rybka 3 then the hurting will be less. Nevertheless most people simply won't do that, and that really is the problem.
I wouldn't view this so negatively. I am sure that anyone who wants to pirate Rybka can do so now. Still Rybka development seems to be thriving.
Christopher Conkie

Sylwy wrote:

Doh!

Christopher
Hey man ! These aren't my comments. Only two quotations from the original web page ( I can send you the original link in a PM message ).
No don't PM me. My inbox is clean.

Put it here.

Christopher
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Re: New engine: Ippolit

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Gian-Carlo Pascutto wrote:
George Tsavdaris wrote:
Graham Banks wrote: People who are happy to produce, promote or use illegal clones are a blight on our hobby. :(
I disagree. I disagree only on "use".

[...]
Why? Because i'm interested in better Ches engines and better analysis.
If you'd already payed for Rybka 3 then the hurting will be less. Nevertheless most people simply won't do that, and that really is the problem.

I hope you do realize that one of the main reasons why we had such a huge improvement from Rybka 1 -> Rybka 2 -> Rybka 3 is because Vasik gave up his day job to work on it full time, and has to support his family from the sales of it. As far as I know, he is the only author which works exclusively on the engine and the performance of Rybka compared to competitors shows it.

I hope it's obvious that its harder to get sales when something almost as good or better is available for free.

What would you think when I come into your office and declare that from now on you will be earning half of what you were earning before?

This can happen anyway if someone publishes a better free engine (Stockfish 2.0 :)). But then you can accept that you were outprogrammed. In this case, the work was just STOLEN.

I'm somewhat curious how Vas will react. He went over Strelka fairly lightly, but I'm not sure that will be possible here.
Hi GCP,

I totally agree with your comments. Mark also gave up his job a few years ago to work just on Hiarcs. Does Stefan have a day job?

Harvey
Sylwy

Re: New engine: I'm clean !

Post by Sylwy »

Sylwy wrote:

Doh!

Christopher

Put it here.

Christopher
Better for me to ignore you ! I'm clean !
Christopher Conkie

Re: New engine: I'm clean !

Sylwy wrote:
Sylwy wrote:

Doh!

Christopher

Put it here.

Christopher
Better for me to ignore you ! I'm clean !
I would go away if I were you full stop. Stay if you like.......

You decide.......
Michael Diosi

Re: New engine: ?????

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hi,

Yes it's beeing taken care about getting trolls out. Just wait.

Still solving the mate in one with Fritz 12 ? What service pack does it have now ? 17 ?

Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com
Steve B

Re: New engine: ?????

Post by Steve B »

Moderation has decided to lock the thread
it has degenerated into personal attacks and is far afield from the initial subject
Steve