A new "oldie" from my engine collection.........

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

George Tsavdaris

Re: A new "oldie" from my engine collection.......

Post by George Tsavdaris »

Christopher Conkie wrote:I don't think any of my post was cryptic. Just one question to ask then....

Do you want a copy of the Ippolit 0.080a x64 SMP (which is a reverse engineered commercial product) that we made from the Ippolit code that was released in May?
What SMP means? Does it mean MP(Multi Processor capable) or something else?

If it's legal to have it yes i want a copy of it. I own Rybka 3 SP(for just one CPU) and i do not own Rybka 3 MP(for more than one CPUs) so i guess it's only right(legal) to have the SP version of Ippolit.
So if this SMP means multiprocessor capable then no i don't want a copy of it since that would be illegal as i haven't bought Rybka 3 MP but only R3 SP.
After his son's birth they've asked him:
"Is it a boy or girl?"
YES! He replied.....
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

George Tsavdaris wrote:
Christopher Conkie wrote:I don't think any of my post was cryptic. Just one question to ask then....

Do you want a copy of the Ippolit 0.080a x64 SMP (which is a reverse engineered commercial product) that we made from the Ippolit code that was released in May?
What SMP means? Does it mean MP(Multi Processor capable) or something else?

Code: Select all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symmetric_multiprocessing
If it's legal to have it yes i want a copy of it.
It is not legal to distribute a reverse engineered commercial product.
I own Rybka 3 SP(for just one CPU) and i do not own Rybka 3 MP(for more than one CPUs) so i guess it's only right(legal) to have the SP version of Ippolit.
Wrong. I don't know that you do or don't own it and anyway it would be at the behest first of Vas and then me (if I want to).
So if this SMP means multiprocessor capable then no i don't want a copy of it since that would be illegal as i haven't bought Rybka 3 MP but only R3 SP.
OK (even if that is you choose that way for the wrong reasons).

:)

Christopher
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

AdminX wrote:

?

Christopher
:roll: Hmm, I think his answer will be YES!
Well it was yes and no in hindsight Ted, with the eventual arrival at no.

I forgot to say, we made it ponder as well.

We wanted to know what the fullest extent of it's capabilities were. It is actually not a complete Rybka 3. Things have been removed (or maybe not disassembled yet).

Its strength (and very big weakness) lies in its very aggressive (and dangerous) pruning. It is also not very well tuned at all.

Christopher