Who is interested in East Hemishphere Comp Chess Champs?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

CRoberson

Who is interested in East Hemishphere Comp Chess Champs?

Post by CRoberson »

Based on a discussion in another thread, I ask if anybody is interesed (author/researcher/operator/enthusiast) in an organization of
eastern hemisphere computer chess or that I morph the ACCA into a world computer chess organization? If either then an annual
Eastern hemisphere tournament could be organized and maybe some other events.
Audmeister

Re: Who is interested in East Hemishphere Comp Chess Champs?

Post by Audmeister »

I think you would get more attendance/attendees if you merged and made it worldwide.

Im sure there are others that would want to join/operate in these special tournaments. I for one would love to operate TwistedLogic in this tournament.
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

Of course if people are interested in such a Championship, we could play it the coming weekend on my ICS. Originally I had the monthly blitz tourney scheduled for Saturday, but because of the Pan-American thing this does not seem such a good idea anyway. So I was thinking to cancell that, and move it to Saturday November 21.

If there is sufficient interest, (say at least 16 participants), we could have a mirror tourney on Nov 14 & 15 for the people that are barred from entering the Pan-American tourney.

We would play with the same rules and same time control (45+10), and we could have rounds at 2 pm, 4 pm and 7pm CET (= GMT+1) on Saturday and Sunday. (Or ould people prefer 4pm, 7pm and 9pm?). There would be no restrictions as to where you are born, (only that the same engine doesn't already participate in the Pan-American tourney) and if you have two engines not sharing any significant code or books, they would both be welcome. (No Rybka! :lol: :lol: :lol: )
Engin
Full name: Engin Üstün

Post by Engin »

if on your ICS not only blitz tournaments then that will be more interesting.

i am interesting on every month possible rapid or even longer games on your server.

and of course not limited for a part of the world, its better this is open world wide, even if is take more then some days
Engin
Full name: Engin Üstün

Post by Engin »

Audmeister wrote:I think you would get more attendance/attendees if you merged and made it worldwide.

Im sure there are others that would want to join/operate in these special tournaments. I for one would love to operate TwistedLogic in this tournament.
i full agree with this, make it world wide open !
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

if you are going to go ..WorldWide..
might want to consider allowing dedicated computers to participate
i imagine some of my high-end units could

Kick Some Butt Regards
Steve
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

hgm wrote:Of course if people are interested in such a Championship, we could play it the coming weekend on my ICS. Originally I had the monthly blitz tourney scheduled for Saturday, but because of the Pan-American thing this does not seem such a good idea anyway. So I was thinking to cancell that, and move it to Saturday November 21.

If there is sufficient interest, (say at least 16 participants), we could have a mirror tourney on Nov 14 & 15 for the people that are barred from entering the Pan-American tourney.

We would play with the same rules and same time control (45+10), and we could have rounds at 2 pm, 4 pm and 7pm CET (= GMT+1) on Saturday and Sunday. (Or ould people prefer 4pm, 7pm and 9pm?). There would be no restrictions as to where you are born, (only that the same engine doesn't already participate in the Pan-American tourney) and if you have two engines not sharing any significant code or books, they would both be welcome. (No Rybka! :lol: :lol: :lol: )
Harm,

Sounds good if you will accept Hiarcs from the West. Let me know if this tournament will take place.

Best Wishes,
Harvey

ps as I expect steve is barred from the West tournament also I vote to allow him to enter a dedicated unit.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
hgm wrote:Of course if people are interested in such a Championship, we could play it the coming weekend on my ICS. Originally I had the monthly blitz tourney scheduled for Saturday, but because of the Pan-American thing this does not seem such a good idea anyway. So I was thinking to cancell that, and move it to Saturday November 21.

Harm,

Sounds good if you will accept Hiarcs from the West. Let me know if this tournament will take place.

Best Wishes,
Harvey

ps as I expect steve is barred from the West tournament also I vote to allow him to enter a dedicated unit.
sadly thats too short a notice for me to participate in
way it always is
either i never get the invitation to the tournament at all..or i am invited to play within 10-15 minutes

I Get No Respect Regards
Steve
:o
gerold

Post by gerold »

CRoberson wrote:Based on a discussion in another thread, I ask if anybody is interesed (author/researcher/operator/enthusiast) in an organization of
eastern hemisphere computer chess or that I morph the ACCA into a world computer chess organization? If either then an annual
Eastern hemisphere tournament could be organized and maybe some other events.
Very much like to see it go world computer chess organization.
Thanks for all your work.

Best.

Gerold.