More thoughts :)

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Alexander Schmidt

More thoughts :)

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

Sorry for starting a new Topic, but I think the discussion will be more clearly arranged like that.

In the last Thread we had at the end a productive discussion. All seem to agree that Ippolit can't be a clone of Rybka 3.

So the people who claim it is a Rybka clone say it must be Rybka 4. Juri Osipov even said he has proofes for that, though he don't want to show them.

Still, proofes are missing. And still Ippolit is more similar to Kaissa than to Rybka.

VR wouldn't give the sources away to someone who is not 100% reliable. The chance for that is near zero.

Rybka 3 was released one year ago. For the first betas VR for sure needed some time. Ippolit appeared half a year after Rybka 3.

How likely is it, that VR improved the engine (50-100 ELO?), gave out first betas, someone shared it, someone decompiled it, translated the code to something understandable, implemented it into another engine in half a year?

Maybe it happened like that, some programmers can maybe say more if this is possible. To me it does not sound very likely.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: More thoughts :)

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Alexander Schmidt wrote:Sorry for starting a new Topic, but I think the discussion will be more clearly arranged like that.

In the last Thread we had at the end a productive discussion. All seem to agree that Ippolit can't be a clone of Rybka 3.

So the people who claim it is a Rybka clone say it must be Rybka 4. Juri Osipov even said he has proofes for that, though he don't want to show them.

Still, proofes are missing. And still Ippolit is more similar to Kaissa than to Rybka.

VR wouldn't give the sources away to someone who is not 100% reliable. The chance for that is near zero.

Rybka 3 was released one year ago. For the first betas VR for sure needed some time. Ippolit appeared half a year after Rybka 3.

How likely is it, that VR improved the engine (50-100 ELO?), gave out first betas, someone shared it, someone decompiled it, translated the code to something understandable, implemented it into another engine in half a year?

Maybe it happened like that, some programmers can maybe say more if this is possible. To me it does not sound very likely.
I am not a programmer but I can tell you that for this period of time something like this likely to happen sounds like a scientific fiction movie....
The Matrix sends it's regards,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Alexander Schmidt wrote:Sorry for starting a new Topic, but I think the discussion will be more clearly arranged like that.

I am not a programmer but I can tell you that for this period of time something like this likely to happen sounds like a scientific fiction movie....
Dr.D
Alex wants retribution for Fruit.

You want something different from Rybka.

I want peace.

Shall I make a poll?

Christopher
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Christopher Conkie wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

Dr.D

I want peace.

Shall I make a poll?

Christopher
It does get repetitive. Vas should have said more, then we would likely have seen less confusion?
gbanksnz at gmail.com
gerold

Post by gerold »

Have you been to this engines wiki Graham?
Looks like they have about 10 people working
on it.
A couple of posters from here and from the other
two chess forums has ask if they can join their team. :) .
This is getting funny :) .

Best.

Gerold.
Alexander Schmidt

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

Christopher Conkie wrote:Alex wants retribution for Fruit.
No.

I want that all are treated the same way.

And I want to get light in the dark.

I never said Ippolit does not contain some Rybka code. I always said it is possible. But I say also it is unguilty until prooven the opposite. So far I see nothing except VR's "It is a decompiled Rybka" which turned out to be wrong, and a statement by Juri.

Thats not much for digging half a year...

Please keep this thread antiseptic...
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Alexander Schmidt wrote:
Christopher Conkie wrote:Alex wants retribution for Fruit.
No.

I want that all are treated the same way.

And I want to get light in the dark.

I never said Ippolit does not contain some Rybka code. I always said it is possible. But I say also it is unguilty until prooven the opposite. So far I see nothing except VR's "It is a decompiled Rybka" which turned out to be wrong, and a statement by Juri.

Thats not much for digging half a year...

Please keep this thread antiseptic...
It really depends where the poisoned post was that started the septic thread. I know you are fishing for a truth or even a proof.

I let them get on with it. I know what I believe and I am ok with that. Life goes on for me and they will not disturb me.

I know my posts on this are "somewhere out there" recently, but I also do think you should know that "the plot" whatever it may be, will be not long in coming out. On this I agree with Juri.

In the meantime here is Fish from Scotland......with a better smell......

http://vodpod.com/watch/223347-marillion-lavender

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/m/marillion/ ... 88947.html

Having said that, Dunfermline is a real dump, so maybe you should not believe such air freshener people. East coast people cannot smell anyway.....or can they?

Glasgow is better, where the air is clean and the nose is untuned.

"A penny for your thoughts"

Gruss

Christopher
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Graham Banks wrote:
Christopher Conkie wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

Dr.D

I want peace.

Shall I make a poll?

Christopher
It does get repetitive. Vas should have said more, then we would likely have seen less confusion?
Aha,what I was posting over and over for the last 2-3 weeks,makes sense,right :!: :?:
Anyway,an avalanche of new upcoming super strong chess engines will shift the balance of powers in the computer chess scene very soon....Rybka will no longer be the numero uno title 8-)
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Nimzovik

Post by Nimzovik »

See here: http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/3546/aquarium.jpg Hope I am not breaking charter.... If so please delete.