question for GCP: are you planning a new release of Sjeng?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Graham Banks

Re: question for GCP: are you planning a new release of Sje

Post by Graham Banks »

Alexander Schmidt wrote:Graham writes everywhere, that Ippolit is a illegal clone, so he "charges" the author of a "crime". Thats what I was talking about.
Who is the author? It's perfectly obvious what's going on Alex. I'm surprised that you've been sucked in by the cloners.

Besides, haven't you and others "charged" Vas in the same way that you're accusing me of "charging" the anonymous authors of Ippo? Don't the same rules apply?
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Alexander Schmidt

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

Why do you all comment with a recrimination or a counterquestion?

You can't bring forward arguments so you only show you got some rhetoric skills. Thats simply poor.

It don't matter who the author is. You know very well what I mean. It's against all ethic fundamentals to claim something illegal without proof.

Still I answer your question...
Graham Banks wrote:Who is the author?
Agamajan
alexandros
atri
Azaad
bankuss
Behovodec
Bison
brorn
CBF
Celtic
ChessTerminator75
Dvejok
ebm
Gambit_Man
Guardian
immortal223
istolacio
italy_numero1
kpripper
mishmash
monos
ms 13
N1mTzo
NS
Osipov
Oxyuranus
pan5
pannalal
PK
popovvlad
Renegat23
Rubinus
Sentinel
slankamen
spaceman
ThinkingALot
unknow
Vaskal
VladRuss
VP
w.a.s.p.
Werner
WildCat
willbe
witting51
xsupremex
Девушка в чёрном
дуп
Кевин
никел
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

Alexander Schmidt wrote:
Albert Silver wrote:Yes, if *charged* with a crime. As far as I know you weren't charged with anything, unless you have had issues with law enforcement I am not aware of.
Graham writes everywhere, that Ippolit is a illegal clone, so he "charges" the author of a "crime". Thats what I was talking about.
Albert Silver wrote:So why not just state your position clearly? Vas has stated his. Let us presume, for the moment, that no one will take this to a court of law. Are you claiming that you believe Vas is either wrong or lying?
I stated my position very clearly :)

http://talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 96&t=30276

http://talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ht=#302663
Yes, you are correct, you did. I hadn't seen you were a known apologist for the cloners
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
Alexander Schmidt

My last post in this thread...
Albert Silver wrote: you were a known apologist for the cloners
I must stop commenting this accusations, I waste to much time on this. You guys punish me without even reading what I wrote. I don't support any illegal cloning.

And I must admit that you guys are the wrong persons to talk with about that. YOu just parrot what VR said. Try to draw your own conclusions. Try to understand the points of others.

Especially for you I repeat what I wrote:
Alexander Schmidt wrote:Maybe Ippolit contains some code of a decompiled Rybka, but maybe it don't.

So Ippolit might be the successor of Kaissa, with parts of Rybka, Fruit, Strelka.

Maybe there is something wrong with Ippolit, but for me it is unguilty until prooven the opposite. Funny that nearly exclusive people from the so called "constitutional states" forget this basic principles here...
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

Alexander Schmidt wrote:My last post in this thread...
I must stop commenting this accusations, I waste to much time on this. You guys punish me without even reading what I wrote. I don't support any illegal cloning.

And I must admit that you guys are the wrong persons to talk with about that. YOu just parrot what VR said. Try to draw your own conclusions. Try to understand the points of others.

Alexander Schmidt wrote:Maybe Ippolit contains some code of a decompiled Rybka, but maybe it don't.

So Ippolit might be the successor of Kaissa, with parts of Rybka, Fruit, Strelka.

Maybe there is something wrong with Ippolit, but for me it is unguilty until prooven the opposite. Funny that nearly exclusive people from the so called "constitutional states" forget this basic principles here...
Your choice of engines is odd to say the least. Kaissa....Patriot.... Strelka.... All well known clones.

In fact quoting Strelka is even more ironic. As it happens, when Strelka came out, it got the same treatment, and VR made an identical statement. While people with similar inclinations such as yourself defended it, and spat on VR's word, its author freely admitted to VR to cloning Rybka it and even offered to demonstrate how. I see nothing different in this situation. Considering the history and respectability of the parties involved, as far as I'm concerned, the burden of proof is not on VR.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Fair enough. Let's just agree to disagree. Thanks for remaining respectful in this thread. I have nothing against you personally.

Cheers,
Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Graham Banks wrote:

Fair enough. Let's just agree to disagree. Thanks for remaining respectful in this thread. I have nothing against you personally.

Cheers,
Graham.
How can you say that if he spat on Vas remarks and status. He's not respectful. Maybe he's confused or immature but he cant be called innocent.
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Rolf wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

Cheers,
Graham.
How can you say that if he spat on Vas remarks and status. He's not respectful. Maybe he's confused or immature but he cant be called innocent.
I meant that he was respectful to those in this thread who were trying to convince him that he's in the wrong.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Graham Banks wrote:
Rolf wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

Cheers,
Graham.
I meant that he was respectful to those in this thread who were trying to convince him that he's in the wrong.
No, this is incorrect. He accused you and Albert of a serious allegation, namely that you illegally prejudice fairly innocent engines and their authors as clones. Sure he' in the wrong but he's not respectful towards you. BTW I dont think Grah that you could re-educate kids by just trivializing their mistakes. But you might have further tricks and want to hold open the tactical possibilities of the situation. :)
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz
Alexander Schmidt

Albert Silver wrote:Your choice of engines is odd to say the least. Kaissa....Patriot.... Strelka.... All well known clones.
As I guessed you still didn't read what I wrote. Else you would know that the choice is not by me, it's what is written by the Ippolit authors, and it is confirmed by similaries between Kaissa and Ippolit.

http://talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 96&t=30276

http://talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ht=#302839