Let us Stop this..Please

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr.Joy

Let us Stop this..Please

Post by Dr.Joy »

Dear Friends

I am not a judge nor a person who wants to follow or embarrass other people , but as a Computer-Chess fan ( and I believe that everybody in this forum belongs to the same classification ) I wish and hope that we can encourage ComputerChess authors who are giving our hobby a meaning even if they do some mistakes..everybody do mistakes but losing Vasik or any other talented programmer (Like Mr.Theron who was attacked here many times) just because of bad moods is a thing which everybody has to think about..Arena is good but Chessbase is good too so why to keep attaching chessbase !!?..Hiarcs is fantastic but so is Rybka , right Mr.Harvey?? .. Let us stop finding mistakes and cocentrate on testing engines and programs..Please

Also With respect to you Mr.Deeb Don't take my words as an insult for anybody because they are not.You want to remind people about what they say when Rybka era will end but let me remind you about what you said.

When Mr.Rajilich announced Rybka for the first time claiming it i about 100 elo points stronger than the mighty Shredder, a lot of people rushed to attack him and his engine and made fun of his statement and one of these people was you.
Then Rybka proved herself as the real thing and everybody changed attitude in variable ways..in your case you turned into Rybka big fan and even book-editor. Then we are watching you here on third mood fighting against Rybka Authors everywhere and promising to remind people about what they said when the Rybka will be surpassed.

Sorry for Disturbing and please consider

Regards

Dr.Joy
Rolf

Re: Let us Stop this..Please

Post by Rolf »

Here is what should be done at the instant:

1) all hackers stop their evil, childish and destructive hobby

2) all friends of our decent sport decide at the instant to ignore clones

3) ignoring clones means they are neither tested nor used to play on servers

4) most important: the sort of ironical hacker friendly small talk must stop

In general everybody should realize that hacking and stealing code iseither for children or for evil intending jobless programming talents without authentic names and addresses.

Since hacking &stealing is by some regarded as sort of trivial offense it should be clarified that with a hidden hacker past nobody could hope to be in our sports ever again. Unless the community needs certain accomplice witness in future court cases thieves are outlaw. Rehabilitation and repair actions of the financial damage shouldnt be publicly debated.

All the best to all honest members of our community in East and West.

-Rolf
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz
Dr.Joy

Post by Dr.Joy »

Dear Mr.Rolf

thank you for your post but while I totally agree with you,I have 2 questions:

1- Don't you think that we have to be 100% sure that X or Y engines are clones before banning them and consider the authors as hackers (I am not talking about a certain engine..I am talking in general)

2- Don't you think that another important thing to mention is to call for sportsmanship so that the race will be honest and fair without trials to understatement anybody or any work. I spoke about Chessbase-Arena , Hiarcs-Rybka , Dr.Deeb-Rybka team ...etc

one thing I like is Vas attitude ( never ever attacked any author or program ) and one thing I hate is that ChessTiger's Author was depressed beacuse of aggressiveness towards him and his work..He might did some mistakes but he did a huge favour for us and our hobby as will..
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Moderation has removed most of the posts in this thread which were personal attacks and for which we have received complaints

Members are advised to not engage in personal attacks
Steve
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Steve B wrote:Moderation has removed most of the posts in this thread which were personal attacks and for which we have received complaints

Steve
Then remove him.

I hope he posts in the CTF. He will get eaten alive........
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Christopher Conkie wrote:
Steve B wrote:Moderation has removed most of the posts in this thread which were personal attacks and for which we have received complaints

Steve
Then remove him.

You are in no position to make orders here neither in the CTF....the decision is collective dear....dig it in your head for once....

I'll put some spices all over me and I'll come to the CTF....at least I wan't to taste good when /if you eat me alive :lol:
Canabal regards,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Steve
Then remove him.

You seem to be posting after every one of his posts even when he is not directing his posts towards you
keep your personal opinions to your self and do not continue to violate the charter
Understand?
i am tired of deleting your posts
Steve
Last edited by Steve B on Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christopher Conkie

Steve B wrote:

Steve
Then remove him.

You seem to be posting after every one of his posts even when he is not directing his posts towards you
keep your personal opinions to your self and do not continue to violate the charter
Understand?
Steve
Is it a violation of the charter to be a troll?

I tell you what Steve. Since every post in this place is about Ippolit and since every post about Ippolit drives the real people away, what you should do is create a forum for Deeb.

I cannot remember the last time this place had any chess in it.

Its all hot air and you are its custodian.
Christopher Conkie

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

Steve
Then remove him.

You are in no position to make orders here neither in the CTF....the decision is collective dear....dig it in your head for once....

I'll put some spices all over me and I'll come to the CTF....at least I wan't to taste good when /if you eat me alive :lol:
Canabal regards,
Dr.D
Watch us ........dear.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Steve B wrote:

Steve
Then remove him.

Understand?
Steve
Is it a violation of the charter to be a troll?

I tell you what Steve. Since every post in this place is about Ippolit and since every post about Ippolit drives the real people away, what you should do is create a forum for Deeb.

I cannot remember the last time this place had any chess in it.

Its all hot air and you are its custodian.
And i will no longer delete your posts
i can be at this all day

you had your chance
many times
its over