A poll please!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Graham Banks

Re: A poll please!

Post by Graham Banks »

Nimzovik wrote:Yes.......... Thank you Graham ...You adroitly express my angst... What to do? I relayy do NOT know...HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
Trust me. Don't bother touching them if you're an honest person.
I enjoy testing engines, but these ones won't be amongst them.
I'm privy to a lot of things that I can't share.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Nimzovik

Post by Nimzovik »

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm food for thought. However.. I must ask...as I am going to buy Rybka 4 any way when it comes out ...Is it wrong to try the unmentionable program?
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Nimzovik wrote:hmmmmmmmmmmmmm food for thought. However.. I must ask...as I am going to buy Rybka 4 any way when it comes out ...Is it wrong to try the unmentionable program?
I wouldn't on principle, but everybody needs to make their own choice.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
bnemias

Post by bnemias »

Graham Banks wrote:Trust me. Don't bother touching them if you're an honest person. I enjoy testing engines, but these ones won't be amongst them. I'm privy to a lot of things that I can't share.
Please don't shove your morals onto me. I'm not dishonest simply because I have touched the source, compiled it, and made it work in environments that Rybka never will.

You want to treat it like the plague, that's your business. Don't make it mine. The entire forum knows your opinion by now, and I'm tired of reading it every time you post.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

bnemias wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:Trust me. Don't bother touching them if you're an honest person. I enjoy testing engines, but these ones won't be amongst them. I'm privy to a lot of things that I can't share.
Please don't shove your morals onto me. I'm not dishonest simply because I have touched the source, compiled it, and made it work in environments that Rybka never will.

You want to treat it like the plague, that's your business. Don't make it mine. The entire forum knows your opinion by now, and I'm tired of reading it every time you post.
Fair enough. You're entitled to your opinion. Sorry you feel annoyed.

Cheers,
Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com