Stockfish 1.6

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

mcostalba

Stockfish 1.6

Post by mcostalba »

Hi all,

here below is the link to the sources+Windows and Linux binaries (courtesy of the wonderful Jim Ablett) of Stockfish 1.6

http://www.mediafire.com/?ij3oonzkmzh

Diff stat from 1.5.1 is:

33 files changed, 1972 insertions(+), 1742 deletions(-)

So this is the first release where there is a net increment of lines of code, we hope they are worth some ELO points more ;-)

Many changes, especially in the search and a lot of small stuff scattered around the sources that now have, at last, reached a good code style quality (at least for our taste).

As usual many thanks to all the people that have contributed privately or here on the forum to bug fixes and patches.

Tord has been out of this release cycle due to his personal activities, but we all hope that in the future he will find time to enjoy again this computer chess passion.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Marco Costalba, Joona Kiiski
Graham Banks

Re: Stockfish 1.6

Post by Graham Banks »

Thanks Marco and Joona. Enjoy your Christmas/New Year. :)
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Thanks for this release :D
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
alpha123

Post by alpha123 »

Thanks very much for the new release! Stockfish definitely one of my favorite engines.

Peter
swami

Post by swami »

alpha123 wrote:Thanks very much for the new release! Stockfish definitely one of my favorite engines.

Peter
It's very dynamic. Constantly keeps changing moves which is an excellent thing. Searches through several different moves for a while and arrives at the one it thinks is the best of them all.
mcostalba wrote:33 files changed, 1972 insertions(+), 1742 deletions(-)
I liked this information.

Thanks for the update Marco, Tord and Joona.
Aser Huerga

Post by Aser Huerga »

A fantastic Christmas gift, thanks!
jpqy

Post by jpqy »

Always nice to see a new Stockfish..Thanks to all.. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...Hmm many testings to do..need more cpu time!

JP.
beachknight

Post by beachknight »

Thanks for this new release.

Best,
hi, merhaba, hallo HT
Howard E

Post by Howard E »

Thanks for this strong and exciting engine. I very much enjoy reading all the posts by all the members of this team. Even the posts on the technical/programmer forum, though as a non programmer I do not understand much of what is said. Always followed the play style of the early glaurungs and enjoyed its wild, speculative pawn play in the middle game.
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hello,

thanks for the new version of Stockfish.

With AnMon, Shredder is Glaurung / Stockfish, Spark. forget Sjeng, Zarkov ... so many other engines my favorites. I am really happy and wish the Stockfish team, members of TalkChess Merry Christmas.

Best
Frank