Now Shredder is a clone of Rybka....

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Now Shredder is a clone of Rybka....

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Joerg Oster wrote:Oh come on now!
The title of your thread is rather misleading, isn't it?
But I guess this was by intention! :(
It was by intention,yes....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Maybe I was a little bit harsh lately calling the guy a liar,but can someone point me to a mild word which describes the action of not releasing Rybka 3+ by him :?: :?:
Anyway,another attempt for chilling out....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
mariaclara

Post by mariaclara »

:shock:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... ?pid=74850

I personaly think that the Rybka team with their pathetic leader Vasik Rajlich are crossing the line of moral in the computer chess world and are acting like a bunch of idiots....
I've never seen or met a professional computer chess programmer more greedy and a bigger liar than Vasik Rajlich :!: :!:
Dr.D

................. Mu Shin ..........................
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Uri Blass wrote:

I personaly think that the Rybka team with their pathetic leader Vasik Rajlich are crossing the line of moral in the computer chess world and are acting like a bunch of idiots....
I've never seen or met a professional computer chess programmer more greedy and a bigger liar than Vasik Rajlich :!: :!:
Dr.D
Nonsense.

1)I fail to see a claim that Shredder is a clone of rybka in that thread.
2)This thread is from 2008 when you try to get the impression that we talk about something new from Vasik rajlich.

Uri
Nonsense for you,not for me....I missed this circus by the Rybka team and now I am gathering an encyclopedia about all the nonsense sorrounding the Rybka team actualy....
Dr.D
I saw no claim that shredder is a rybka clone.

Using ideas is clearly legal and the only claim about shredder was that shredder used ideas from rybka.

Nobody claimed that using ideas of rybka is illegal.
Using code of rybka is illegal but there was no claim that Shredder used code of Rybka.

I understood that SMK denied using ideas of rybka but
I saw no attack on SMK or on shredder.

Using ideas from other programs unlike using code is clearly legal

Uri
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Dr.D
I know you're angry Wael, but you go too far with your sentiments. :(

Cheers,
Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Alexander Schmidt

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

Uri Blass wrote:Using ideas is clearly legal and the only claim about shredder was that shredder used ideas from rybka.
I think you are wrong. You are not allowed to use stolen data and take advantage in any way.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Graham Banks wrote:

Dr.D
I know you're angry Wael, but you go too far with your sentiments. :(

Cheers,
Graham.
True,that's why I'm realy chilling out this time but that dosen't mean that I am not sticking to my guns 8-)
Cheers,
Dr.D
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Graham Banks wrote: I know you're angry Wael, but you go too far with your sentiments. :(

Cheers,
Graham.
Suicide I foresee.
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Alexander Schmidt wrote: I think you are wrong. You are not allowed to use stolen data and take advantage in any way.
Thats why I hate those all who take from the decompiled R3 data. If there is any chance left to prevent a complete breakdown of computerchess then this should be done right now. I dont want to hear the liturgy of the genie is out of the bottle.

BTW you as expert, what do you think about my proposal that we should define the characteristic of all progs in a reader like summary and that then if such crimes happen, a gentleman agreement forbids to take from the victim's code?

That would kill all these crimes in our little community. If commercial collegues disagree then their code is broken too. Easy and perfect.

Know what I mean? If in our field nothing could be hidden anyways, then we still could have a decent competition if we respect other code as sacrosanct for a while or season.

The party is over with the business robbing legally the ideas of 500 amateurs. Cheating happens in all sports, but nowhere certain entries enjoy such extra rights.

Not that I had informations of actual cheats, but i want to know for sur and not just believing.
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz
ArmoredGuns

Post by ArmoredGuns »

Maybe Rybka became the new TSCP :wink: