What happens if Rybka 3 is playing against herself?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Rolf

What happens if Rybka 3 is playing against herself?

Post by Rolf »

On servers we have almost only Rybkas playing. That might be fun for the operators and book authors. But what happens with the stats results? I tried to be clever and edited the header player always into Rybka 3, Human or the other version was my only mark. Now I ask myself if this leads to a decrease for R 3 because it also looses games. What does it mean if a sort of dominatrix is ruling? Please only decent answers.
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz
OliverBr
Full name: Dr. Oliver Brausch

Re: What happens if Rybka 3 is playing against herself?

Post by OliverBr »

I would like to know why one should let run the engine of another author on a server?

I know ICC is full of Rybka, even those accounts named "*Crafty*" run now Rybka and what is the point of that?
Rolf

Re: What happens if Rybka 3 is playing against herself?

Post by Rolf »

OliverBr wrote:I would like to know why one should let run the engine of another author on a server?

I know ICC is full of Rybka, even those accounts named "*Crafty*" run now Rybka and what is the point of that?
Sorry, my weak English again. Not what you have in mind was my problem, but how one could calculate the results for the strength if R is beating R? Perhaps clearer now. Thanks for your interest anyway. And good luck with your prog.
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz