Doch 1.3.1

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Graham Banks

Re: Doch 1.3.1

Post by Graham Banks »

Don wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:Is anybody having a problem in any GUI other than Arena?
Fritz and ChessGUI seem to be fine? Not sure about Shredder or others.
Definitely stronger than Doch 1.2.
Just please don't load any personalities, even the default one.

How must stronger are you showing now? I'm sure the error margin is high, but I'm curious.
I haven't tried to load any personalities. I've only tested using what shows in the parameter screen at load up (except changing the hash). The personalities option shows up as empty and I just leave it at that.

So far in my replayed games of Super Tournament X, Doch 1.3.2 has 13.0/24, a much better performance. Small number of games, but I've watched many and it is definitely stronger.

In the gauntlets that I'm running, Doch has been similarly solid and difficult to crack (probably the wrong word to use considering what's been going on around here lately).

Should be around 100 games played by Friday's rating list update. Can't put a figure on numbers for sure, but I'm picking that it will be a 40+ ELO improvement.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
MirceaH

Doch 1.3.2 w32

Post by MirceaH »

Hi D!

Doch 1.3.2 32bit unloads in 1'+1" games after getting out of book moves (or PGN moves from a test suites). I use Arena 2.0.1. The 64bit version does not have this problem.

However normal time controls work well for the 32bit version, so I was "forced" to start the tests using a weird 40/1' repeated time control.

Anyway, I must say that I consider Doch (besides Stockfish and Spark) the most wonderful presents for us CC "freaks" since Fruit appeared. (Well, the appearance of Ruffian and of course Rybka were also very big steps ahead).

The first impressions are that Doch 1.3.2 x64 seem close to or above the Thinker league (the latter x64 2 cores).
Jouni

Re: Doch 1.3.2 w32

Post by Jouni »

Still no current move display?

Jouni

(500 posts :) )