Rybka 4 is a Myth

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

bigo

Rybka 4 is a Myth

Post by bigo »

Even if it does suddenly appear I won't purchase it. The author is very disrespectful to his customers, Is Vas in a Coma?? He doesn't respond to inquiries, he ignores allegations of clones, when he does say something it is always glib and vague, this guy must be the worst businessman the chess community has ever seen. I sincerly hope another programmer who is more responsive to his customer base surpasses rybka. That person will definitely get my business.

From a former so-called Fanboy.
gerold

Re: Rybka 4 is a Myth

Post by gerold »

bigo wrote:Even if it does suddenly appear I won't purchase it. The author is very disrespectful to his customers, Is Vas in a Coma?? He doesn't respond to inquiries, he ignores allegations of clones, when he does say something it is always glib and vague, this guy must be the worst businessman the chess community has ever seen. I sincerly hope another programmer who is more responsive to his customer base surpasses rybka. That person will definitely get my business.

I am not a socalled Fanboy.

I do not buy a program because i like or dislike the businessman.

If a strong Rybka 4 is for sale i will buy it. I enjoy all of
Vas products far.

Best to you,

Gerold.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

bigo wrote:Even if it does suddenly appear I won't purchase it. The author is very disrespectful to his customers, Is Vas in a Coma?? He doesn't respond to inquiries, he ignores allegations of clones, when he does say something it is always glib and vague, this guy must be the worst businessman the chess community has ever seen. I sincerly hope another programmer who is more responsive to his customer base surpasses rybka. That person will definitely get my business.

Now you can understand all my frustration toward this guy....
Rybka is already in my black list and the only reason to keep it in my rating list is to watch it go down by other engines....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
alpha123

Post by alpha123 »

go down by other engines....
"Other engines" :twisted:. Cruel, cruel.

In my opinion, Rybka 4 = Duke Nukem Forever...... :P :?

Actually, I will probably buy Aquarium 4 w/ R4 when it/if it comes out, but mostly for Aquarium's analysis features.

Peter
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

alpha123 wrote:
go down by other engines....
"Other engines" :twisted:. Cruel, cruel.

In my opinion, Rybka 4 = Duke Nukem Forever...... :P :?

Actually, I will probably buy Aquarium 4 w/ R4 when it/if it comes out, but mostly for Aquarium's analysis features.

Peter
:P

Yep,Duke Nukem Forever was never released....I've waited it for so many years and ended with empty hands....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

If it is strong enough, we will all march up to the man with the ladle and beg:
"Please, sir, I want some more."

I suspect that Vas is trying to find a strategy to make reverse engineering of his product more difficult. That is what I would be doing if I were in his shoes.