Strongest Cyclone xTreme version?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

alpha123

Strongest Cyclone xTreme version?

Post by alpha123 »

Does anyone know what the strongest version of Cyclone xTreme is? default, Fear, Rage, Wrath, Fury.....

I was planning on putting the strongest in a tournament I am going to run, but I don't want to have to do all the testing I'm sure has already been done to find the best. :roll:

Thanks,
Peter
Christopher Conkie

Re: Strongest Cyclone xTreme version?

Post by Christopher Conkie »

alpha123 wrote:Does anyone know what the strongest version of Cyclone xTreme is? default, Fear, Rage, Wrath, Fury.....

I was planning on putting the strongest in a tournament I am going to run, but I don't want to have to do all the testing I'm sure has already been done to find the best. :roll:

Thanks,
Peter
This one.

http://www.superchessengine.com/fruit.htm

;)

Christopher
alpha123

Post by alpha123 »

Christopher Conkie wrote:
alpha123 wrote:Does anyone know what the strongest version of Cyclone xTreme is? default, Fear, Rage, Wrath, Fury.....

Thanks,
Peter
This one.

;)

Christopher
Funny :P.

BTW does anyone know if Ryan Benitez is ever going to release those private Fruits??

Peter
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

alpha123 wrote:
Christopher Conkie wrote:

Thanks,
Peter
This one.

;)

Christopher
Funny :P.

BTW does anyone know if Ryan Benitez is ever going to release those private Fruits??

Peter
Oooops,throwing salt over an open wound :wink:

BTW,from all the tests I've seen,it's the Wrath....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Zagalo

Post by Zagalo »

Cyclone is a dead project. The author has dropped the 'Cy' and is working on a Rybka 'Clone' now :roll:

Try this more interesting engine, Protector. A 64&32bit, bit-based, Toga MP with Nalimov support !!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5047625/protector-132_ja.zip
Denis P. Mendoza

Post by Denis P. Mendoza »

Thanks,
Peter
There are 2 guys who knows about this, Luis Barutti (phamiliabarutti@ig.com.br) and a certain kiro (andre.brungard@9online.fr).
I heard Cyclone xTreme Fear was the choice for normal and FRC testing.
FYI.
alpha123

Post by alpha123 »

Denis P. Mendoza wrote:

Thanks,
Peter
There are 2 guys who knows about this, Luis Barutti (phamiliabarutti@ig.com.br) and a certain kiro (andre.brungard@9online.fr).
I heard Cyclone xTreme Fear was the choice for normal and FRC testing.
FYI.
Thanks.
BTW,from all the tests I've seen,it's the Wrath....
Thank you too. I'll look into Fear & Wrath.

Try this more interesting engine, Protector. A 64&32bit, bit-based, Toga MP with Nalimov support !!
Ironically..... I was going to test Protector vs. Cyclone xTreme Strongest, spark-0.3a, Thinker Inert (5.4C probably, I find it stronger than 5.4D), and several other engines. Any other suggestions for opponents are welcome.

Thanks,
Peter
Zagalo

Post by Zagalo »

I think only Protector 1.3.2-JA supports Nalimov

If your using 1 thread, try Critter & Komodo
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hi there,

for around 4 months I started again with computer chess. One of the first things I do is to find out, which is the best of all the Fruit versions.

I tested the 4 Cyclone xtreme versions but all have the same playing strength.

After all I knon this one are the best Fruit clones:

1. Toga 1.42 JD
2. Grapefruit 1.0 Beta (the bugfix beta version, not the final version 1.0, around 60 ELO weaker).
3. Cyclone xTreme Wrath

Protector isn't in my opinion a clone of Fruit, see the interview I made with the programmer.

Best
Frank

Look here, my little blitz rating list with ponder = on, game in 5 with a lot of Fruit clones.

http://www.nk-qy.info/swcr-blitz.txt

I test some other things, postions from different interesting chess books. Here I find out the same: Toga 1.42 JD.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Thanks,
Peter
In my opinion, it's Cyclone xTreme Fury, but they're all pretty close in strength.
gbanksnz at gmail.com