junior 11.1

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

horst

junior 11.1

Post by horst »

good day Gentlemen, i just purchased Junior, along with it's book, and noticed that playing white it always replys to e4-e5 the same c7-c5 sicilian, and never anything different. The same with me playing white,d2-d4 it always answers the same move g8f6, why would it not vary its book moves as does my other engines, Rybka,
naum etc. Could there be a bug or is this the way opening book for junior is supposed to play?
Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: junior 11.1

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

horst wrote:good day Gentlemen, i just purchased Junior, along with it's book, and noticed that playing white it always replys to e4-e5 the same c7-c5 sicilian, and never anything different. The same with me playing white,d2-d4 it always answers the same move g8f6, why would it not vary its book moves as does my other engines, Rybka,
naum etc. Could there be a bug or is this the way opening book for junior is supposed to play?
Most probably it's tuned to play these specific moves....
You can either tune the opening book yourself by editing the moves marked in red or just use another .ctg opening book :D
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
horst

Post by horst »

Thank you
dr. i found my mistake, when i unzipped the book file i entered the wrong password given to me, that is why i never saw the book tree on my UCI. I have since re-entered the correct PW and its working fine.
thank You again
sir!
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

horst wrote:Thank you
dr. i found my mistake, when i unzipped the book file i entered the wrong password given to me, that is why i never saw the book tree on my UCI. I have since re-entered the correct PW and its working fine.
thank You again
sir!
You welcome,glad you've sorted thing out....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….