Pre-World Championship updates planned?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Justin Sherron

Pre-World Championship updates planned?

Post by Justin Sherron »

Though I realize the dangers of asking a genuine question on April 1st, I'll risk it.... :)

With the upcoming Anand-Topalov match only a few weeks away, I (and others I assume?) hope to watch at least some of it live with the analytical assistance of an engine or two. With that being the case, I couldn't help but be curious - is anyone planning or anticipating a new release before the championship? Komodo? Stockfish? Crafty? Sjeng? etc. etc.

No pressure intended, of course :wink: I know all the programmers and testers work hard regardless of their release dates. I just couldn't help but be curious in light of the upcoming match-up....

-Justin
rvida

Re: Pre-World Championship updates planned?

Post by rvida »

If all goes well, MP version of Critter should be ready this month. Although it has nothing to do with the championship.

Richard
alpha123

Post by alpha123 »

rvida wrote:If all goes well, MP version of Critter should be ready this month. Although it has nothing to do with the championship.

Richard
Excellent!

Good luck with that,
alpha123

BTW It looks like HIARCS 13.1 will be out soon :D
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

rvida wrote:If all goes well, MP version of Critter should be ready this month. Although it has nothing to do with the championship.

Richard
Great news Richard....will be waiting eagerly :D
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….