Anyone running out to buy R4 is a Jerk

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

menniepals

Re: Anyone running out to buy R4 is a Jerk

Post by menniepals »

If it will be visibly stronger, count me one.
alpha123

Post by alpha123 »

I'm gonna get it, but just for the new Aquarium and to see if Vas got past the Ippos. IvanHoe 999963betaModMini10 x64 is out, and looking pretty good....

Peter
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

alpha123 wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Alexander Schmidt wrote:
Werewolf wrote:1. No updates.

since when do other engines give updates beyond a bug fix? I never heard of Fritz doing this.
Of course you get updates for Fritz. With the GUI updates you get often an updated engine as well.
Whatever Rybka fanboys try to defende their idol,Vasik has proved to be the worst ever author of a commercial chess engine regarding his actions toward the customers in many aspects....a lot of black clouds are shadowing his reputation and he'll pay for that,sooner than later....
Dr.D
Oh come on, compared to ChessBase's customer support Vas is amazing..... :P

But a lot of other commercial (Naum, Shredder, HIARCS, Komodo) and freeware (Stockfish, Daydreamer, Gaviota, and a LOT of others [those are the only ones I can think of right now]) authors have VERY good support.

Peter
Vasik was amazing person indeed,but something in the way to the top has broken inside of him and he has radically changed....
Regarding ChessBase,what are you complaing about,aren't they releasing broken updates one after the other frequently :!: :?:
Damn you people,you are so greedy....

:lol:

:wink:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Sins, sins,sins.........

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Sylwy wrote:
Jim Walker wrote:I do not intend to purchase R4 but since commercial advertising is supposed to prohibited on this forum, I wonder why "Anti advertising" is also not permitted. Why do people have to be so mean spirited? I wonder what is your motive?
Jim
Hi man !

Any commercial advertising ! Just my regrets ! My country being in economical crisis in all Kama Sutra positions , Ruxy rests to envie the happy owners of this new chess engine. That's all ! :lol:

Regards,
Silvian,if this is you on the avatar,I'll fly to Romania in less than 48 hours :lol:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Jim Walker

Post by Jim Walker »

We finally agree on something Dr. ! That avatar makes me want to forget I'm married. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Jim Walker wrote:We finally agree on something Dr. ! That avatar makes me want to forget I'm married. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shhhhht,my wife has just entered the my office at home to bring me a cup of hot tea....I don't want a 3rd degree burning in the face :lol:

P.S.just left....Damn,Silvian is hot :lol:
Last edited by Dr.Wael Deeb on Wed May 12, 2010 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alpha123

Post by alpha123 »

Jim Walker wrote:We finally agree on something Dr. ! That avatar makes me want to forget I'm married. :lol: :lol: :lol:
That avatar makes me think Silvian is really weird.

Peter
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

alpha123 wrote:
That avatar makes me think Silvian is really weird.

Peter
He's a good guy,take my word for it with a fantastic sense of humor,but unfortunately misunderstood by many members here....
Dr.D
frcha

Post by frcha »

before this "clone controversy" , Rybka 3 was only useful for very strong players who do a lot of preparation /and correspondence players who use engines.
Most average players were better off with the default engines in their chess software

Rybka 3 is a complete rip off for chess novices and lower rated players because it gives the WRONG evaluation in many common chess positions.

this is a known fact that is swept aside by most who claim that all chess players even novices are aware of the blind bishop problem - they are not.
I cant believe the number of games i have seen when running my engine tests where this position is reached and Rybka stupidly thinks its winning in a dead draw ..
This bug alone make this engine unsuitable for all novices and weak players - a lot of whom have purchased rybka 3 and have no clue that the eval is wrong.

Additionally, even if you do know of the blind bishop situation -- weak players may be unable to figure out that rybka's overly optimistic eval is based on that a few moves earlier.

There are many extremely casual chess players who have very little chess knowledge who have purchased rybka 3 and trust its judgement completely - remember Rybka 3 was the World Champion for quite a while now.

Rybka 4 can be only be useful for a few if it is the strongest engine -- but if the bugs are not fixed -- why should most bother with it ?
Highendman

Post by Highendman »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote: ...Vasik has proved to be the worst ever author of a commercial chess engine regarding his actions toward the customers in many aspects... Dr.D
Your hyperbole opinions are so absurd in my universe they almost end up funny, really.

-HEM