Rybka 4, free download?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

AdminX

Re: Rybka 4, free download?

Post by AdminX »

Uri Blass wrote:
I do not like to support rybka4 after Rybka supported topalov against anand.

Uri
You are kidding right! :shock: Last I heard Topalov paid for access to Rybka, it was not offered to him for free or was it? If it was then I would say they supported Topalov. Not that I see that as a reason not to buy Rybka 4. Now if you said it was because they never gave Rybka 3 customers Rybka 3+ as promised I could understand that. :!:

PS: Did you see ...

Veselin Topalov: I do not think Anand should be very proud of this. Especially by the fact he accepted help from the first two. I have been among the chess elite for 15 years and perfectly remember how Kasparov treated Anand for years. And not long before the World Championship match in Bonn 2008, Anand had to stand the arrogant statements of his opponent in the press. I would never accept help from people who humiliated me for years even for free. But it seems Anand is different.

Source:
http://chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=6369
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Post by gerold »

AdminX wrote:
Uri Blass wrote:

Uri
You are kidding right! :shock: Last I heard Topalov paid for access to Rybka, it was not offered to him for free or was it? If it was then I would say they supported Topalov. Not that I see that as a reason not to buy Rybka 4. Now if you said it was because they never gave Rybka 3 customers Rybka 3+ as promised I could understand that. :!:

Veselin Topalov: I do not think Anand should be very proud of this. Especially by the fact he accepted help from the first two. I have been among the chess elite for 15 years and perfectly remember how Kasparov treated Anand for years. And not long before the World Championship match in Bonn 2008, Anand had to stand the arrogant statements of his opponent in the press. I would never accept help from people who humiliated me for years even for free. But it seems Anand is different.

Source:
Very funny Ted.
Seems Topalov is a poor loser crying. :)
Maybe he is sore because Rybka 4 failed him. He should have
tried Fire 1.2. :).
I like Anand/s reply back to him.

Best,
Gerold.
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

gerold wrote:
AdminX wrote:
Uri Blass wrote:

Uri

Source:
Very funny Ted.
Seems Topalov is a poor loser crying. :)
Maybe he is sore because Rybka 4 failed him. He should have
tried Fire 1.2. :).
I like Anand/s reply back to him.

Best,
Gerold.
Hi Gerold,

Sounds like a very "Unhappy" Rybka 4 customer to me. He paid way more than most that's for sure! :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post by BubbaTough »

AdminX wrote: Sounds like a very "Unhappy" Rybka 4 customer to me. He paid way more than most that's for sure! :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I did not get the impression that Topalov's openings let him down. In fact, pretty much all the games except the first (which was a victory for Topalov's preparation) came down to post-opening play. Why in the world are people phrasing this as Kasparov vs. Rybka 4?

-Sam
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

BubbaTough wrote:
AdminX wrote: Sounds like a very "Unhappy" Rybka 4 customer to me. He paid way more than most that's for sure! :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I did not get the impression that Topalov's openings let him down. In fact, pretty much all the games except the first (which was a victory for Topalov's preparation) came down to post-opening play. Why in the world are people phrasing this as Kasparov vs. Rybka 4?

-Sam
I don't think of this as Kasparov vs Rybka 4, I think he may be upset that he paid for assistance where Anand received some (not all) assistance for free however. Example, Harvey donated his Computer with engines to Anand for free.

Post by playjunior »

AdminX wrote:
BubbaTough wrote:

-Sam
I don't think of this as Kasparov vs Rybka 4, I think he may be upset that he paid for assistance where Anand received some (not all) assistance for free however. Example, Harvey donated his Computer with engines to Anand for free.
Topalov's remarks do not make sense. He brags that he was better out of the opening in almost all games, which makes his match loss even worse! He basically admits that Anand is so much better at OTB chess that he outplayed him consistently, but somehow this is not a problem for him. Really, I don't get it.
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

AdminX wrote:
Uri Blass wrote:

Uri

Source:
I know topalov paid for rybka's help and I think that the right reply for rybka could be:
"no (we do not want to help you)
We do not sell principles for money and we are not going to support you after the behavioue of danilov and it is not a question of money"

Uri
kingliveson

Post by kingliveson »

Uri Blass wrote:
AdminX wrote:
Uri Blass wrote:

Uri

Source:
I know topalov paid for rybka's help and I think that the right reply for rybka could be:
"no (we do not want to help you)
We do not sell principles for money and we are not going to support you after the behavioue of danilov and it is not a question of money"

Uri

Uri, I couldn't disagree more. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Vas allowing access to his software for a fee. Vas is a business man, and the WC had no rules that you couldn't use any tools available for preparation. It didn't help as the result showed, but that's another story...
BubbaTough

Post by BubbaTough »

kingliveson wrote: Uri, I couldn't disagree more. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Vas allowing access to his software for a fee. Vas is a business man, and the WC had no rules that you couldn't use any tools available for preparation. It didn't help as the result showed, but that's another story...
Now that I think about it, in a way, Topalov is very lucky to be living in an age where chess software can help combat human preparation. In part, Anand got his wonderful team by being willing to share his preparation with a future competitor and his trainer, an option not available to the ... errr ... more combative personalities in the chess world. If you think about previous paranoid contenders, such as Fischer or Korchnoi, they were always facing large teams of grandmasters and could only counter it with extremely hard work. Now adays, even if you are unwilling or unable to share your thoughts / ideas / preparation with others in a team oriented way, you can at least secure significant hardware support. It would have been amazing to see what Fischer could have done if he had been born in the computer age.

-Sam
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

BubbaTough wrote:
kingliveson wrote: Uri, I couldn't disagree more. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Vas allowing access to his software for a fee. Vas is a business man, and the WC had no rules that you couldn't use any tools available for preparation. It didn't help as the result showed, but that's another story...
Now that I think about it, in a way, Topalov is very lucky to be living in an age where chess software can help combat human preparation. In part, Anand got his wonderful team by being willing to share his preparation with a future competitor and his trainer, an option not available to the ... errr ... more combative personalities in the chess world. If you think about previous paranoid contenders, such as Fischer or Korchnoi, they were always facing large teams of grandmasters and could only counter it with extremely hard work. Now adays, even if you are unwilling or unable to share your thoughts / ideas / preparation with others in a team oriented way, you can at least secure significant hardware support. It would have been amazing to see what Fischer could have done if he had been born in the computer age.

-Sam
Yes, I agree. Times have changed in major ways. :D