Goodbye Talkchess

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Graham Banks

Re: Goodbye Talkchess forum!

Post by Graham Banks »

LiquidNitrogenOverclocker wrote:I used to actually shop at Your Move when I lived on Long Island. It was a nice shop, I've spent my share of money in there when dedicated computers were breaking 2200.

I just wanted to say, thanks to Graham Banks.

Graham, you were the butt hole of all butt holes, and I will be leaving here just to be rid of you and your horrible moderation.

Adios, from an actual customer who spent over $1000 in your store.
Sorry to see you go Ed.

By the way, ICD is not my store. I am not even associated in any direct way with them, although like many others, I do appreciate that they've hosted these forums for computer chess enthusiasts over such a long period of time.

Cheers,
Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

LiquidNitrogenOverclocker wrote:I used to actually shop at Your Move when I lived on Long Island. It was a nice shop, I've spent my share of money in there when dedicated computers were breaking 2200.

Graham, you were the butt hole of all butt holes, and I will be leaving here just to be rid of you and your horrible moderation.

To each his own. When CW was elected, I posted very little here, but the idea of leaving CCC forever because of one term of moderation never occurred to me. It would be like changing nationality because Bush got re-elected: eventually someone new will enter office. In this case quite soon, since new elections have been announced.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
Nimzovik

Post by Nimzovik »

Why in the world people debase themselves over such non life threatening issues is inconceivable to me. Liq.Nitro demonstrated rather poor form IMHO. Really. Seriously. What possible merit was to be gained from such behavior? I am embarrassed for him. :oops: Shocking.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Let me use your own words....

Pardon to say this,but you're so full of crap....

It's nice a person like you to leave,we should celebrate....
Last edited by Dr.Wael Deeb on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Nimzovik wrote:Why in the world people debase themselves over such non life threatening issues is inconceivable to me. Liq.Nitro demonstrated rather poor form IMHO. Really. Seriously. What possible merit was to be gained from such behavior? I am embarrassed for him. :oops: Shocking.
This guy has demonstrated several times a low level of proper bevaior and a frequent usage of such words....obviously he's living and/or working in a place where these words are mouthed like 100-200 times a day....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Michael Diosi

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hi,

You will be satisfied with the new forum. They all use the same language as you do, at least the founder and some of his followers.
You should tell them to rename the forum to the "open wide ... hole chess forum"

Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Michael Diosi wrote:Hi,

You will be satisfied with the new forum. They all use the same language as you do, at least the founder and some of his followers.
You should tell them to rename the forum to the "open wide ... hole chess forum"

Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com
:lol:
Alexander Schmidt

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:You should tell them to rename the forum to the "open wide ... hole chess forum"
You are complaining about the "speach" of others?

Well, OK...

Maybe better use your time to remove the illegal links on the Arena webpages...

The reason to link to Strelka (a proven Rybka clone) and not to Ipp*** is in the dark.

Best wishes,
Alex
Henrik Dinesen

Post by Henrik Dinesen »

Alexander Schmidt wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:You should tell them to rename the forum to the "open wide ... hole chess forum"

Well, OK...

The reason to link to Strelka (a proven Rybka clone) and not to Ipp*** is in the dark.

Best wishes,
Alex
Alex,

Unfortunately you're quoting Wael, but it was Michael's sentence.
Henrik
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Henrik Dinesen wrote:
Alexander Schmidt wrote:

Well, OK...

Best wishes,
Alex
Alex,

Unfortunately you're quoting Wael, but it was Michael's sentence.
Hey Alexander,I don't even have a web page :lol:

:P