Rybka Supporters LIst ? Correction Please.

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Rybka Supporters LIst ? Correction Please.

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Rolf wrote:Definition

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response.

The other audience is of course the little people in those forums that you are attacking. Get to know them. Every forum has its smartarse who will expose your troll if given half a chance.

++++++++++++++++++

I can show why this definition is a typical crap which is so typical for the internet and its wiki stupidities in opposition of real knowledge.

One reason for my being of an outsider in computerchess is not because I'm a lay which I am of course but because the above mentioned a_holes dont have a remedy to expose anything of me because they are mostly psychological lays. E.g., someone who knows how to evoke emotional responses is in my books someone superior with a lot of wisdom. A one-eyed expert however is, as I already mentioned in 1996, a so-called field-idiot, the expression is isely omitted in all the dics I could test on the net, in German it's 'Fachidiot'. Meaning, he is so full of expertise that he misses the overall relevance, else he were a genius. Most experts dont even know that their expertise has many limitations. Certainly an amateur who has delusions about the importance of his little expertise still is a way bigger pain in the ___. In other words I am always happy if people are writing about their inner self, the emotions, e.g. our beloved Fern almost always is adding this so that he's always worth the reading.

Other than Fern Bob is only a joy if you seek explanations of CC technology of coding. However Bob wont understand if you tell him that Strelka could never prove that R1ß came from Fruit 2.1. Bob is a good plumber but would fail as a nuclear scientist. I wouldnt have success in both fields but I know the answers on ethical questions when water deprivation of a neighbor people becomes a war crime or why it's hypocrtisy and ethically a telling fallacy if scapegoating n outsingled business programmer for taking 80% of his code from the forefathers _and_ ignoring all other business guys who are doing exactly the same!

-----------------

BTW I have a big problem being on a list with Norm S., the heavyweight champion of the cloners. Ridiculous!

I wish you all a nice summer part of this year.
You're hiding your poor identity behind the name Rolf....don't jump over people accusing them while you're hiding yourself like a rain worm during the dry season....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

benstoker wrote: I wish I had a dollar for every time you trotted out your favorite word 'fachidiot'.
I have something new: Vasik is not only the best CC encoding expert but also a real gentleman of good manners and distinction.
Hail Vasik, you are the Greatest.

Rolf Thorogood Fixer regards,

I just snap my fingers, and the fixer gets it done (ooohh, yeah)
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz
benstoker

Post by benstoker »

Rolf wrote:
benstoker wrote: I wish I had a dollar for every time you trotted out your favorite word 'fachidiot'.
I have something new: Vasik is not only the best CC encoding expert but also a real gentleman of good manners and distinction.
Hail Vasik, you are the Greatest.

Rolf Thorogood Fixer regards,

I just snap my fingers, and the fixer gets it done (ooohh, yeah)
Das sollte 'sieg heil' sein, nicht wahr?
Henrik Dinesen

Post by Henrik Dinesen »

Christopher Conkie wrote:Would it be possible to make a troll list?

:)

Anyway if I had to pick my favourite chess engines over the years I doubt Rybka would get into the top 20. Here are just 10 of them......

AnMon
Shredder
Fritz
Hiarcs
Rebel
Der Bringer
Abrok
Crafty
Little Goliath
Spike

Which engines do I support? That is a different question. The engines I support are all rated below 2300 elo. Without such authors we would have no new engines to play with in Arena.

Rybka is not in the that list either (at least not anymore it is not).

A more pertinent way to word the question would be what side of the Ippolit/Rybka debate people are on.

Anyway......let's make a troll list.

We could then look at who is on the Ippolit supporters list and is also on the troll list. I suspect you would find a lot of correlation between those two lists.

;-)

Yes, lets make a troll list :)

Anyway... I think the engine list would be much longer, if i had to make it.
While I have so substantial objections to those you've suggested (contrary), I don't think you can get around Rybka; after all it has been around for 4½ year, and it syurely has meant a great part for my analysis. And well, to some people the mainthing has been that it has been leading the ratinglists.
Then I would surely add Junior. Lovely, swinging engine - always worth a party ;)

Back to the troll list... Should we enter Chris, just to show good faith?! ;) I'm confident the kings of troll will enter themself when they see they're in such splendid company ;)

Best
Henrik
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

Anyway if I had to pick my favourite chess engines over the years I doubt Rybka would get into the top 20. Here are just 10 of them......

AnMon
Shredder
Fritz
Hiarcs
Rebel
Der Bringer
Abrok
Crafty
Little Goliath
Spike

To dislike an engine due to the author is silly. IMHO.

Anyhow, my top 10 engines in no particular order:

Mchess
Chess Genius (and predecessors)
Rebel
Fritz
Hiarcs
Rybka
Stockfish 1.7.1 (no joke)
Crafty
Junior
Shredder
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Albert Silver wrote:

AnMon
Shredder
Fritz
Hiarcs
Rebel
Der Bringer
Abrok
Crafty
Little Goliath
Spike

Mchess
Rebel
Fritz
Hiarcs
Rybka
Crafty
Junior
Shredder
True.

11-20

Beowulf
Buzz
Dirty
Jonny
Yace (How could we forget Yace)
La Dame Blanche
Amundsen
Thinker
Rybka
Youk (yes its true....Youk is super fun)

Go on admit it.....most of you have never heard of Youk.

Chris
Roger Brown

Post by Roger Brown »

Christopher Conkie wrote:
True.

11-20

Beowulf
Buzz
Dirty
Jonny
La Dame Blanche
Amundsen
Thinker
Rybka

Chris

Hello Christopher,

We will do no such thing!

:-)

Later.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Christopher Conkie wrote:
Albert Silver wrote:

AnMon
Shredder
Fritz
Hiarcs
Rebel
Der Bringer
Abrok
Crafty
Little Goliath
Spike

Mchess
Rebel
Fritz
Hiarcs
Rybka
Crafty
Junior
Shredder
True.

11-20

Beowulf
Buzz
Dirty
Jonny
La Dame Blanche
Amundsen
Thinker
Rybka

Chris
Yace is an amazing engine....it's pitty that the author had lost interest in computer chess....
I am still testing it on modern hardware....I never abandon my old friends :D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….