Biased moderators

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

bob

Re: Biased moderators

Post by bob »

Bill Rogers wrote:
Wayne Lowrance wrote:Robert Hyatt comes to mind. He is very biased concerning Vas and Rybka. He is totally oblivious that some recent clones are strongly suspect. How in heck could all of these free programs come out almost at once and so strong. I expect Robert Hyatt will run for moderator. I am total against this.
Btw, the current moderators are doing a good job under very difficult times in my opinion.
Robert is a very respected member here so why don't you take your hatred and go someplace else. What have you ever done to for chess at all? You realize that they created a new chess forum for people just like you so why not join your unhappy friends there?
Bill, member of 10 years standing.
Actually, openchess was _not_ created for people like him, it was primarily created so that discussions could proceed without getting moved around, or posts/threads getting deleted or locked, willy-nilly.

I don't think there is a forum for someone with only a purely personal agenda.
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

Wayne Lowrance wrote:Robert Hyatt comes to mind. He is very biased concerning Vas and Rybka. He is totally oblivious that some recent clones are strongly suspect. How in heck could all of these free programs come out almost at once and so strong. I expect Robert Hyatt will run for moderator. I am total against this.
Btw, the current moderators are doing a good job under very difficult times in my opinion.
Lots of people have strong opinions about this issue in both directions.
Quite frankly, I can see the positions for both sides of the argument.
swami

Post by swami »

Graham Banks wrote:
swami wrote: Moderators are open to criticism. I don't delete posts that are critical of moderators such as I never deleted posts since the start of this moderation term, especially those which are critical of me.
Where in the charter does it say that open season on moderators is allowed?
Personal attacks apply to everybody from what I can read.

Cheers,
Graham.
As a moderator one has to be open and transparent and not delete posts which are against them. Deleting posts gives negative impression. If the criticism is way over the top to the point of outright lie, then the post shall be deleted.

As I said, You can always ask Jeremy to remove posts you feel are criticism on you. But he feels the same way as me. He had never removed posts which are attack on him and his moderation.

But all I see is just a criticism of you and your moderation, so don't worry about it - I and Jeremy had been criticised too.

Best,
Swami
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

swami wrote: As I said, You can always ask Jeremy to remove posts you feel are criticism on you. But he feels the same way as me. He had never removed posts which are attack on him and his moderation.
Hi Swami,

criticism is fine as I indicated, but abuse and personal attacks should not be tolerated towards anybody. Just my opinion though.

Cheers,
Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Wayne Lowrance

Post by Wayne Lowrance »

This is exactly what i refer too, downright bad behavior.
swami

Post by swami »

Graham Banks wrote:
swami wrote: As I said, You can always ask Jeremy to remove posts you feel are criticism on you. But he feels the same way as me. He had never removed posts which are attack on him and his moderation.
Hi Swami,

criticism is fine as I indicated, but abuse and personal attacks should not be tolerated towards anybody. Just my opinion though.

Cheers,
Graham.
There were several posts which are personal attacks on previous term moderators - Bob Hyatt had been attacked by OP when Bob was a mod. But I had never seen him deleting posts which were against him. Rather, I saw number of people coming in to support Bob.

Yesterday, Gerold Daniels had attempted a diversion and thrown in a personal attack at me, I never deleted it and certainly never replied to him.

Best,
Swami
gerold

Post by gerold »

swami wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Hi Swami,

Cheers,
Graham.
There were several posts which are personal attacks on previous term moderators - Bob Hyatt had been attacked by OP when Bob was a mod. But I had never seen him deleting posts which were against him. Rather, I saw number of people coming in to support Bob.

Yesterday, Gerold Daniels had attempted a diversion and thrown in a personal attack at me, I never deleted it and certainly never replied to him.

Best,
Swami
You swing at me i swing back.

I ask you if you were going to run for mod in here again.
I don't think i heard an ans.

Best
Gerold.

P.S. You got my vote.
P.S.2. Good to have you back home. :)
swami

Post by swami »

gerold wrote:
swami wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Hi Swami,

Cheers,
Graham.

Best,
Swami

Best
Gerold.

P.S. You got my vote.
Hi Gerold,

Right now, I don't feel I'm going to take up another term of moderation.

Too busy with more important things in life. I'm too young and nearly 1/2 or 1/3rd the age of many people around in here. :)

I hope Bob Hyatt, Steve B and Dann Corbit takes up.

Best wishes,
Swami
gerold

Post by gerold »

swami wrote:
gerold wrote:
swami wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Hi Swami,

Cheers,
Graham.

Best,
Swami

Best
Gerold.

P.S. You got my vote.
Hi Gerold,

Too busy with more important things in life. I'm too young and nearly 1/2 or 1/3rd the age of many people around in here. :)

I know Bob and Steve will. Dann i am not sure he will run. They would make a good team.

Best,
Gerold.
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

gerold wrote:
swami wrote:
gerold wrote:
swami wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Hi Swami,

Cheers,
Graham.

Best,
Swami

Best
Gerold.

P.S. You got my vote.
Hi Gerold,

I know Bob and Steve will. Dann i am not sure he will run. They would make a good team.

Best,
Gerold.
Steve declined already.

Miguel