Opening Database 2010

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Sedat Canbaz

Opening Database 2010

Post by Sedat Canbaz »

Hello Chess Friends !

I am pleased to announce the release of Opening Database 2010 !

Openings DB contains:
-----------------------------
•TOP 10 Openings
•TOP 20 Openings
•TOP 50 Openings
•TOP 100 Openings

Note:The Opening Database includes almost all popular openings,which can be used for testing chess engines

Download Opening Database 2010:
http://sedatchess.110mb.com/index.php?p=1_6

Best Wishes,
Sedat Canbaz
Nimzovik

Re: Opening Database 2010

Post by Nimzovik »

Indeed? ! Could you please elaborate as to quality of the database and it's genesis? How compiled? Thanks very much for your efforts in advance.
Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz »

Nimzovik wrote:Indeed? ! Could you please elaborate as to quality of the database and it's genesis? How compiled? Thanks very much for your efforts in advance.
The Opening DB is based mainly on the strongest lines of Perfect 2010 book (almost all games of Perfect 2010 book belongs to Grandmasters-average 2600 Elo)
Note also that there are a few Openings in Top 100 (e.g Alekhine,Dutch,Scandinavian...),which are disabled for playing in Perfect 2010 book

Greetings,
Sedat
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

Sedat Canbaz wrote:
Nimzovik wrote:Indeed? ! Could you please elaborate as to quality of the database and it's genesis? How compiled? Thanks very much for your efforts in advance.
The Opening DB is based mainly on the strongest lines of Perfect 2010 book (almost all games of Perfect 2010 book belongs to Grandmasters-average 2600 Elo)
Note also that there are a few Openings in Top 100 (e.g Alekhine,Dutch,Scandinavian...),which are disabled for playing in Perfect 2010 book

Greetings,
Sedat
When you say strongest lines, are they strongest for both in some way?

I suspect that the strongest lines will naturally favor one side or the other somewhat, unless they have a zero eval at the end of the line.
Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz »

Dann Corbit wrote:
Sedat Canbaz wrote:

Greetings,
Sedat
When you say strongest lines, are they strongest for both in some way?

I suspect that the strongest lines will naturally favor one side or the other somewhat, unless they have a zero eval at the end of the line.
Sure,the strongest lines for both sides ...
Note that before final release,the openings have been tested with more 20.000 games (played by TOP Chess Programs)
And as far as possible all disadvantage openings for Whites and for Blacks have been disabled
One thing more,i have done my best in selecting the Openings,which Blacks have chances to win or at least to make a draw

Best,
Sedat
Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz »

I have made another release of Opening DB (a few openings have been optimized compared to the previous database)

Download Opening Database (August 20 2010):
http://sedatchess.110mb.com/games/OpeningDB_2010.zip

Best Regards,
Sedat Canbaz
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Sedat Canbaz wrote:I have made another release of Opening DB (a few openings have been optimized compared to the previous database)

Best Regards,
Sedat Canbaz
This is really nice Sedat.

Thank you.

:)

Christopher
Nimzovik

Post by Nimzovik »

Kudos! :D
Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz »

Christopher Conkie wrote:
Sedat Canbaz wrote:I have made another release of Opening DB (a few openings have been optimized compared to the previous database)

Best Regards,
Sedat Canbaz
This is really nice Sedat.

Thank you.

:)

Christopher
Hello Christopher,

Not at all...its my pleasure

Best,
Sedat