Opening Database 2010

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Norm Pollock

Re: Opening Database 2010

Post by Norm Pollock »

Hi Sedat,

Thanks. Btw, what happened to the top-200? Wasn't that there before?

-Norm
Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz »

Norm Pollock wrote:Hi Sedat,

Thanks. Btw, what happened to the top-200? Wasn't that there before?

-Norm
Hello Norm,

Patience please :) ....very soon i will release Top 200 openings

Regards,
Sedat
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Sedat,

please send it _directly_ to me :-)

Thanks again!

Best
Frank
Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz »

Frank Quisinsky wrote:Sedat,

please send it _directly_ to me :-)

Thanks again!

Best
Frank
Hello Frank,

Ok :) i will inform you when Top 200 opening database will be ready

Btw,do you have any problems with downloading the current opening database ?

Greetings,
Sedat
Frank Quisinsky

Hi Sedat,

no!
At the first time, yes (on the last weekend).
I downloaded Monday without any problems.

BTW:
You have a nice webpage, try to translate the interview on your webpage. Good Sedat !!

BTW 2:
I read about Bison 10.1 DC x64. I try Bison 9.11 for SWCR but have much trouble with crashes each 3-4 game under Shredder GUI. I think this version you have is newer but I can't not find more information. So I am thinking a privat version too.

Best
Frank
Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz »

Frank Quisinsky wrote:Hi Sedat,

no!
At the first time, yes (on the last weekend).
I downloaded Monday without any problems.

BTW:
You have a nice webpage, try to translate the interview on your webpage. Good Sedat !!

BTW 2:
I read about Bison 10.1 DC x64. I try Bison 9.11 for SWCR but have much trouble with crashes each 3-4 game under Shredder GUI. I think this version you have is newer but I can't not find more information. So I am thinking a privat version too.

Best
Frank

Hello Frank,

About Bison 10.1 DC x64:yes,that's true...not often,but sometime i have also problems (the engine gets crashes when is pondering)
No...Bison 10.1 DC is not private,i dont remember from where i have downloaded it,but if you are interested i can send it to you

About my interview:thank you for your interest and kind words

Btw,if we are talking about interviews:you are really master in this area...and i say once more big thanks to you,i read them with a lot of interest and fun !

Best,
Sedat
Frank Quisinsky

Re: Bison, interviews ...

Hi Sedat,

OK, if Bison 10.1 have the same problem as Bison 9.11 I can't test the engine. On weekend often I am not at home and if the automatically tourneys crashed is this bad.

Perhaps problem will be solved in one of the next Bison versions, this would be great.

Interviews:
I think interviews are very important. I had a bit luck that the programmers helps a lot to make each one very interesting. After a seria of interviews I need a break because its not easy to find out again and again interesting questions. Furthermore, for each interview a little bit information about a programmer I should have in my pocket.

Looked, around 2005 I made an interview with the programmer of Thinker. Different of my questions are very bad, I working not good enough before I organize this interview. And Lance gave me justly the right answers of different bad questions.

Or the interview I made this year with the programmer of Protector in German languages. To many questions to clones, the questions are bad but the answers of the programmer a great. The programmer made the best of it.

But all in all ... yes, I am very happy with the interviews I made. The users of chess engines can find a lot of interesting information. The work I do here is also a little thanks to the programmers, I think in behalf of the community.

Best
Frank