STS Elo Estimate 1.0

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

swami

STS Elo Estimate 1.0

Post by swami »

This was released about a week ago. Some people have asked me what it's about and how to use the file while some others may have not known about it.

This is designed by Mathias Gemuh, and it's a wonderful tool to estimate the engine's ratings in CCRL scale based on STS "Total Score"

https://sites.google.com/site/strategic ... TS_Elo.zip

Here is one example of an accurate STS Elo Estimate of Homer, in comparison with CCRL scale:

The elo difference is the wonderful feature, It's good to see that estimation is mostly within +/- 100. With more STS chapters, I hope that this gap will be reduced. It might give valuable info as to how much the new version has improved over the previous one, or estimation of rough elo of any new engine while at the same time save much of the testing time. 8-)
Matthias Gemuh

Re: STS Elo Estimate 1.0

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

Hi Swami,

I see some engines twice in your list.
You can delete one entry of each in the ini file.

Matthias.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de
swami

Post by swami »

Yes, Mathias, I did notice that. I will delete duplicates from the Ini file.

Best,
Swami
Aser Huerga

Post by Aser Huerga »

swami wrote:...or estimation of rough elo of any new engine while at the same time save much of the testing time. 8-)
This is fantastic! I was waiting for such utility long time ago :wink:
swami

Post by swami »

Aser Huerga wrote:
swami wrote:...or estimation of rough elo of any new engine while at the same time save much of the testing time. 8-)
This is fantastic! I was waiting for such utility long time ago :wink:
Hi Aser,

I hope that this will be useful to you when selecting Gauntlet opponents for specific engine that you wanted to test!

PS: Since Homer's rating matches exactly to estimated rating from STS Estimate, I believe Homer has a lot of "strategy" in it than tactics/combinations. 8-)

Best,
Swami