The latest Fruit....are you still interested?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

tmokonen
Full name: Tony Mokonen

Re: The latest Fruit....are you still interested?

Post by tmokonen »

alpha123 wrote:
tmokonen wrote:Personally, I'd be ok if Spike 1.3X6 were to be released. I see one of the Spike authors posting in this forum again, so I wonder if there's a new version being worked on.
I really like Spike. Which author posts here? We should petition him to release Spike 1.3. :twisted:

I totally forgot about private Fruit. :P I'm still sorta interested though.

Peter
Volker Böhm has made a few recent posts in the Programming section.
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Albert Silver wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:....from my side the answer is definitely NO....

The reason for my reaction is simple....I simply lost my interest in this engine
Yes, this creation of a brand new thread out of the blue, for no reason other than to state how uninterested you are in these engines is crystal clear.
No,I expected to be misunderstood....the reason is that I really lost my interest in this engine and showing the fact that keeping it in a private status is simply wrong....

The other intention of the thread is seeking other people's opinions regarding the issue....I am not annoying the current author to release it....i just don't care anymore....
Dr.D
I wasn't disagreeing. I often write long diatribes on the things that interest me the least.

For example, in my most recent letter of disinterest to Giselle Bundchen, I explained that the purpose was merely to tell her that even if she offered herself to me, the feeling was absolutely not mutual and any such thoughts would be a waste of time. Despite having written dozens of such letters, I never get a reply, meaning she might not be fully aware, so I just want to be sure she knows how uninterested and indifferent I am.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

beachknight wrote:Well, if it is an 64 bit mp version, I'd be interested, not much, only a little, I admit.

:lol:

See,that's why I created the thread :lol:

:wink:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

tmokonen wrote:Personally, I'd be ok if Spike 1.3X6 were to be released. I see one of the Spike authors posting in this forum again, so I wonder if there's a new version being worked on.
Amen to this Tony :D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

alpha123 wrote:
I really like Spike. Which author posts here? We should petition him to release Spike 1.3. :twisted:

I totally forgot about private Fruit. :P I'm still sorta interested though.

Peter
Frankly speaking,Spike is much more interesting for me than Fruit if I have to make a choice....a very unique playing style even though it's even weaker than the latest Fruit which is way way too weaker than the latest released free chess engines....

I recall the time when Spike's authors refused to release their engine because at the time being it will harm the awaited release of some commercial chess engines,one of them was Shredder,but I can't recall the version....
Dr.D
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Albert Silver wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Albert Silver wrote:

The reason for my reaction is simple....I simply lost my interest in this engine
Yes, this creation of a brand new thread out of the blue, for no reason other than to state how uninterested you are in these engines is crystal clear.
No,I expected to be misunderstood....the reason is that I really lost my interest in this engine and showing the fact that keeping it in a private status is simply wrong....

The other intention of the thread is seeking other people's opinions regarding the issue....I am not annoying the current author to release it....i just don't care anymore....
Dr.D
I wasn't disagreeing. I often write long diatribes on the things that interest me the least.

For example, in my most recent letter of disinterest to Giselle Bundchen, I explained that the purpose was merely to tell her that even if she offered herself to me, the feeling was absolutely not mutual and any such thoughts would be a waste of time. Despite having written dozens of such letters, I never get a reply, meaning she might not be fully aware, so I just want to be sure she knows how uninterested and indifferent I am.
I don't believe you Albert,be honest with us please :lol:

Ryan Benitez

Post by Ryan Benitez »

The branch of Fruit that I work on went private at least in part because I did not have the time or desire to support it. From time to time it is fun to work on Fruit but it has not been high on my list for a long time now. If people are not interested I see that is a good thing, less pressure to share my hobby as my work is sporadic. Anyway the last chess engine I worked on was not Fruit and the last board game I worked on was not chess. There are so many great chess engines out there that I am surprised to see Fruit talked about here after so long.
Ryan Benitez

Post by Ryan Benitez »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Albert Silver wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Albert Silver wrote:

Dr.D

Well I am very interested in Giselle Bundchen.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Ryan Benitez wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Albert Silver wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Albert Silver wrote:

Dr.D

Well I am very interested in Giselle Bundchen.
:lol:

Milos

Post by Milos »

Albert Silver wrote:For example, in my most recent letter of disinterest to Giselle Bundchen, I explained that the purpose was merely to tell her that even if she offered herself to me, the feeling was absolutely not mutual and any such thoughts would be a waste of time. Despite having written dozens of such letters, I never get a reply, meaning she might not be fully aware, so I just want to be sure she knows how uninterested and indifferent I am.
Since she's a good friend of mine, and I can answer to your dilemma. She is really fond of you (she got all of your letters and read them carefully), but she has a policy not to write letters to guys that are shorter than her. That explains why you never got the answer ;).