Is this truthfully?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Milos

Re: Is this truthfully?

Post by Milos »

SzG wrote:However, the matter is approached from the wrong side. Ippolit development (if ever there was such a thing) has apparently stopped. Its derivatives are developed by people who lack invention, originality and creativity, maybe also technical skills. I can see no chance, however high they are placed now, that they will be able to make significant progress. Funny that every new version of a derivative is claimed to be at least 20 Elo stronger than the previous one, still they are at the same 3300 level where they were half a year ago.
Lol, says someone whose highest technical skills achievement is to setup a GUI. This is really hilarious.
And if you do not test these engines how do you know their strength? ;)

The thing I find really funny about you "amateur" testers is that you actually spend at least 30% of your processor time testing Ippo family engines but your are so ashamed to admit it (credit due to some rare members of your community who are not hypocritical and have guts to admit it) and even more scared to publish it...
Last edited by Milos on Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bob

Post by bob »

hgm wrote:I don't understand why these discussions are recurring all the time. If people want to know ratings for these illegal clones, let them determine these ratings themselves. That is not so hard to do. Just let them play a few hundred games against other top engines, and run the results through BayesElo together with the other CCRL games, and you have your rating...

Those people are just freetards, wanting other people to do all the work for them, not competent themselves to do anything but foulmouth those who do not wish to comply with their absurd demands...
The problem is that your second statement assumes facts without no supporting evidence. IP* and friends _may_ be clones. Or they might not be. There's enough suspicion to not allow them into normal tournaments. But suspicion is not enough to state as fact that they are "illegal clones". For that, one needs evidence, of which we have none to speak of.
Milos

Post by Milos »

Adam Hair wrote:I am troubled by the fact that many people have chosen to focus on these engines only because they are so strong. There is many more engines out
there.
The same logic can be applied in your case. You choose not to test (actually not to publicly announce results of your private-private testing, since all of you actually do privately test these engines despite whatever you publicly write) these engines just because they are so strong and there is a real chance they would nullify Rybka's supremacy.
You should understand that this implies suspicion in your motives.
On the other hand you do test Rybka and there is a reasonable doubt (even more than in Ippo case) about the origins of Rybka which directly implies double standards which raises even more suspicion in your motives.
Milos

Post by Milos »

SzG wrote:No use to argue, Milos. Come back next year and show us what your expertise achieved. Then you can laugh at me.
I don't know about my expertise but I know for sure that number one engine in the world is not a (gratitude free DVD) commercial derivative of Fruit despite your rating lists!
Milos

Post by Milos »

SzG wrote:BTW, I hope Stockfish never overtakes Rybka. It would be a tough job to obtain a free DVD from those guys. :lol:
You mean it would make Vasik so angry that he would stop sending free DVDs? I bet you are right :lol: .
Michael Diosi

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hi,

[...]

We at Arena think one step further than ChessBase and all the others.
This is one reason why you won't see any of those engines at any serious computer chess championships.

Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com

P.S. How does your chess engine "S-Butchers" improve ?
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

bob wrote:The problem is that your second statement assumes facts without no supporting evidence. IP* and friends _may_ be clones. Or they might not be. There's enough suspicion to not allow them into normal tournaments. But suspicion is not enough to state as fact that they are "illegal clones". For that, one needs evidence, of which we have none to speak of.
Well, I don't state it as a fact. I state as an opinion, like everything I state is always my opinion. Anyway, the point really was that those freetards should stop wheening to get other people to do what they could just as easily (or difficultly, depending on how you look at it) do themselves.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Milos wrote:
SzG wrote:BTW, I hope Stockfish never overtakes Rybka. It would be a tough job to obtain a free DVD from those guys. :lol:
You mean it would make Vasik so angry that he would stop sending free DVDs? I bet you are right :lol: .
The closest I've come to seeing a Rybka DVD is its picture on the website.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Milos

Post by Milos »

Michael Diosi wrote:Hi,

[...]

We at Arena think one step further than ChessBase and all the others.
This is one reason why you won't see any of those engines at any serious computer chess championships.
Oh, hi Mickey,

Thanks for that new Arena that came out exactly as promised on mid July. It's such a fantastically amazing GUI that leaves ppl staring in disbelief. A real gem, a dream came true...
Milos

Post by Milos »

Graham Banks wrote:The closest I've come to seeing a Rybka DVD is its picture on the website.
So, you've only received a copy in email attachment. How disrespectfully from Vas after so much you've done for him, he couldn't even send a DVD... :roll:
I bet the email was also written by one of his personal assistants and not by him ;).